Mama Hen | Steve Rogers

What even is this?

  ('◕ω◕')  

My eyes shoot open another wave of pain goes through my abdomen. When I was younger, I would get a lot of unexplained stomach cramps. They would last for the night and disappear in the morning. That never stopped them from feeling like I was being ripped apart. Tears roll down my face as I curl into a ball. I can't move, when I do move my few minutes of relief are over. Not wanting to waste them, I close my eyes and try to fall asleep. It doesn't work. No, that would be too easy.

"Jarvis?" I whisper.

"Yes Miss (y/n)?" He answers almost immediately.

"Who is currently awake?" I ask the AI and wipe the tears off my cheeks.

"Only Mister Rogers. Would you like me to request him to your room?" He questions.

"Yeah. Ask him to bring a heating pad." I groan and curl up tighter.

Five minutes later a soft knock fills my room with sound. I call out for him to open the door and he does so. When Steve sees me in the fetal position on my bed he rushes to my side. After a couple seconds he makes me lay flat with the heating pad on my stomach.

"What happened?" He asks, brushing hair out of my face.

"This went on when I was a kid. Your the mama hen so I needed your help." I smile weakly and lean into his warm hand.

"I'm also the only other person up." He mumbles making me laugh quietly.

"Mama hen." I whisper challenging him to argue with me.

"Do you think you can go to sleep now?" He rolls his eyes.

"No. I need to cuddle with mama hen." I start to lightly hit his face repeating mama hen until he gets into bed.

I snuggle into him and fall asleep instantly.