Issues | Tony Stark

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪  

Tony has issues. The entire world knows this. I mean if you created a killer robot and didn't have issues I wanna know what you're taking. I've been dating this man for over a year and the closest has ever gotten to saying 'I love you' was when he told me 'Ya did good'. He's unaffectionate like that.

Today is yet another date night. I mostly use these to get him to interact with an actual human being and eat something that wasn't put in a microwave. Otherwise it's a normal day. Training in the morning, lunch with Nat, teaching Steve how to use technology, etcetera.

As I get ready for the date I wonder to myself, will be ever say 'I love you'? I know other people can go through their entire lives together and be able to count the number of times they say that on one hand. I'm not a bad person for wanting to hear those words, right?

"Mrs (L/n), Mister Stark has requested your presence in the lobby." Friday announces as I slide my feet into the heels I had chosen for the night.

"Thanks Friday, tell him I'll be there in a minute." Before I leave, I check my makeup and grab my clutch.

Tony is waiting for me directly outside the elevator, as I exit he holds my hand and places a chaste kiss to it. He smiles charmingly, and walks me out to the car for tonight.

"I'm surprised, are you actually driving? Happy must be proud of you." I laugh and elbow his side.

"Very funny. I am able to drive, I just prefer not to." He opens the door and helps me into the car before jogging around to the drivers side and getting in.

The ride is short and kept in a comfortable silence. After Tony pays the valet he escorts me to a table. He pulls the chair out and I sit down.

"What a gentleman, you're full of surprises tonight." I chuckle and he smiles widely.

"Cap gave me a few pointers." He shrugs nonchalantly and orders for the both of us when the waiter comes along.

We talk about random things, still trying to get to know each other better. His leg bounces and his fingers tap out a beat on the table.

"Tony, are you okay?" I ask him, worried about his odd behavior.

"Yeah, just wondering when the waiter will be back." He says, stumbling over his words.

"Tony," I say and place my hand on his, immediately stopping all movement, "tell me what's wrong. Tell me if I can help."

He sighs and looks down at out hands before he speaks.

"I'm so unbelievably in love with you that I can't stand being away from you. I'm physically in pain when you're on a mission or at the grocery store. I can't believe I'm with you, I feel like I'm just standing in the spotlight that's always following you. You're beautiful, caring, smart, funny, and overall everything I could have ever dreamed of. I'm completely head over heels for you. A life without you wouldn't be a life worth living." He pauses knowing that he got the attention of everybody in the restaurant. "The point is, I can't even imagine a life without you. (Your Full Name), will you marry me?" He said as he got down on one knee and pulled a small black velvet box out of his suit jacket.

"Do you even have to ask?" I said happily.

Tony stood up and embraced me before pulling away to slide the ring on my finger. He kissed me before looking around at the cheering restaurant.

"Now that's how a Stark proposes." He mumbles before kissing me again.

And they all lived happily ever after.

  ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪