You Can't Hide | Bucky Barnes

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

"What's a doll like you doing in a place like this." Steve smirked.

"Let's see. Invisibility." I turned invisible and walked up behind him, poking his sides roughly. "And super human strength." I flipped him on his back, causing him to give up. "Call me doll again, I'll decapitate you." I winked and walked away from the Avengers conference room.

"Who was that?" Steve gasped.

"My niece." Fury states plainly.

That was Steve's only attempt to flirt and his last. I continued to walk until I found Natasha and Clint chatting.

"Tash, Hawky." I joined my best friends.

"So you made it!" Clint hugged me.

"Congrats newbie." Nat smiled, not really one for PDA outside of missions.

"Steve called me doll." I giggled.

"Did you show him what you're capable of?" Clint grinned.

"Yeah. Then Uncle Nick lectured him." I smirked.

"How's Sam?" Nat elbowed me, teasing me yet again about my friendship with the Falcon.

"I don't know. How's Bruce?" I glared, not realizing Bruce was walking down the hallway in the opposite direction.

"I'm okay (y/n)." Bruce half smiled and continued on his way.

I left them alone, after all I had a mission to go on. The Winter Soldier, that's how Sam and I met and how Steve and I just did. He was said to be in California so we're starting there. As I arrive at the landing pad I feel a presence. I know who it is automatically.

"Sammy?" I asked the shadows.

"Nope." I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Ugh. Oh great overlord Falcon." I glared at his now appearing form.

"That's more like it." He hugged me tightly, a smirk dancing across his features. "Steve is grabbing the pilot."

Sam and I linked arms and walked to where the aircraft should be. We chatted about the mission until Steve ushered us into the aircraft.

"So doll, did you get the exact pin point?" I ask Steve.

"Yeah." He slides me a stack of papers. "There you go. Shadow."

"Okay, I did not pick that name." I laugh.

I look over the documents on the Winter Soldier. James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes. Nice name, it has a ring to it.

"You look like someone I knew." Steve reminisces. "She was our neighbor girlfriend before the war. Her name was (grandma's name) (l/n). Do you know her?"

"Yeah, I kinda should because she's my grandmother." I smile at the thought of her. "She died a while ago though."

We chat about our lives a bit before the pilot tells us that we're close to the location. I pull on the parachute, once I check the safety precautions I jump out the plane after the pilot gives me a signal. I love the rush that the jump gives me, the wind rushing through my hair and waiting for the most amount of time before I have to pull the cord.

"Shadow! Pull the fucking cord!" Steve panics.

"Watch your gosh darn language." I mock him and pull my cord.

He's watching, waiting, planing. I can feel his gaze stuck on me like glue. He remembers my grandma, but he can't figure out what she meant to him. I hide and turn invisible, I take my parachute off and press some buttons on my suit to turn it invisible. I found him in a matter of seconds. By a tree I almost hit, he was actually quite handsome.

"Bucky. You need to do whatever those people say." I whisper into his ear, trying to keep my breath off of him. "They can help."

"Nobody can help me." He replies, God, even his voice is sexy.

"You have to darling. The blonde man, Steve, is your best friend. Remember?" Let's hope this works.

"I'm trying, I can't." Bucky looks around for me.

"Why?" I ask, trying not to let my voice waver.

"It hurts too much." He starts to panic when I don't answer.

I walk away and watch him before I turn off my invisibility.

"Sergeant Barnes? I'm here to take you to Mister Rogers." I smile warmly as I walk up to him.

"(G/n)?" He grins broadly.

"No, sir. My name is (y/n) (l/n). Now if you don't come with me, I'll make you." I pull my best poker face.

"I'll come if you have food." He smiles.

What happened to the rough and tough Winter Soldier the team knew? Does he really remember my grandma or is this a trick? Whatever it is, I'm suspicious. I ask him to follow me and we go to the plane.

"Bucky?" Steve asks, unsure.

"Yup, he's as fit as a fiddle." I give him the sequence of code words that tells him he came with me to willingly.

We were on the plane for thirty minutes before Bucky acts up. He pushes me up against a wall and holds my throat tight. I'm unfazed by this, but both Sam and Steve stand up to help me. I tell them to sit.

"Would you mind taking your hand off my neck? This position is really uncomfortable." I smile and he slams me against the wall. "Okay, so the hard way." I grab his hand, crush it, and then bring his head against my knee to knock him out.

An hour later I was to take care of the Soldier as my punishment. I turned invisible again when he started to wake up.

"Bucky, why did you do that?"

"Because I started to have feelings for her. She treated me like a person, not a monster. I can't have these feelings happen." He answered.

"You should let yourself be happy." I almost revealed myself by touching his shoulder.

"But now I never have a chance! I almost killed her." He places his head in his hands

I turn off my invisibility and knock on the wall by the door.

"Hello Sargent. Are you alright. I'm so sorry I broke your hand, I kinda panicked." I smile and place a hand on his shoulder. "Sargent? What's wrong?" I kneel so I could be eye level with the man.

"Why are you so nice to me? I almost killed you." He mumbles.

"Because you didn't kill me. And that's what matters." I kissed his cheek. "I'll go get you some food." I start to stand up before he pulls my hand towards him.

"Thank you." He smiles.

"For what?" I giggle.

"For being you." He replies, over 50 years later and he still has it.