I Wasn't Thinking | Pietro Maximoff

WHO DEFIES LOGIC? YOU DO!

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

He has superhuman speed, I have teleportation. What could go wrong? Many things in fact. Pietro begged me not to come on this mission. For the baby. I told him that I would only help citizens onto the heli carrier, he told me to be safe.

"I've got this under control." I grinned at my husband.

"You better." His accent made his words even more harsh.

I bid him off and found a large group of citizens to teleport to safety. It was hours before I saw Pietro again. He swiftly checked me for injuries before giving me a peck on the cheek and continuing on his way. After I loaded the last of the citizens on the carrier I saw Clint run to help a child. A 'little Ultron' as I like to call them, was preparing to shoot him. Pietro saw this and ran to stop the bullets, preparing to die for Clint and the child. I teleported in front of them as Pietro created a makeshift shield for the pair. The bullets never came for him at least.

"Didn't see that coming?" I laugh and fall to the ground.

"No!" Pietro sobs. "It's okay, you're gonna be okay."

"Pietro." Clint put a hand on his shoulder. "Take her away."

Pietro quickly picked me up ms ran to the aircraft. I teleported us with the last bit of strength to S.H.E.I.L.D.'s in house hospital. People quickly got to work and pushed Pietro away.

Five Days Later

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ   

The baby is safe. It was almost shot seven times, but it lived. Two weeks premature. Toma, our baby boy, is perfectly healthy. Me not so much. I was near death, and emotionally unstable. My powers were weakened and damaged. After I was alone with my thoughts for a bit, Toma started to cry.

"Oh baby." I cooed and held my child close to me. "It's okay."

Toma looks at me with watery eyes and gives me a toothless smile. I was so absorbed with my baby that I didn't notice Pietro, Wanda, Natasha, and Clint walk in to the room.

"He looks just like his father." Natasha muses.

"That's why I love him even more." I smile down at Toma who was giggling at the group.

"May I?" Wanda asks, I nod and she snuggles Toma. "He is a beautiful baby."

"Thank you. I helped make him." Pietro laughs and zooms to my side.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry." Clint begins.

"I could have teleported all of us, it was my fault. I wasn't thinking." I squeeze Clint's hand.

"At least now we can be a family." Pietro smiles widely and takes Toma from Wanda.

"A beautiful family at that." Natasha compliments.

I'm with the man I love and the most precious gift anyone could give. We're just one big mutant family.