Pickup Lines | Bucky Barnes

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

"Hey, (Y/n), my armor isn't the only thing that's hard."

"Tony, for the last time, leave me alone."

Tony, yet again sulks into the corner of rejection with the rest of the team, minus Bucky, Bruce, and Natasha. I go back to playing with my phone before Clint pushes Pietro into the middle of the living room He timidly walks over and sits down next to me.

"Are you up for a quickie?" He asks before bursting out into laughter, he laughs even harder when I push him off the couch.

Tony beckons him over to review the 'game plan'. Pietro reluctantly stands up, still not able to control his laughter. I notice Bucky seething over be Natasha at the other end of the couch. If looks could kill, the huddled group would be six feet under. He tried to play the glare off as casual. That didn't stay for long as Clint walked over, his smile oozing smugness. Before he sits down, he pulls an arrow from the quiver permanently strapped on his back.

"Hey, (Y/n)." He says, his voice on the verge of serious.

"What, Clint?" I sigh, giving him the attention he's pining over.

For a moment he looks between me and the arrow. I can tell he's only doing this for dramatic effect, waiting until my annoyance reaches its peak before he delivers. He gives me a wolfish grin before he speaks.

"Touch my shaft." He says.

I allow him to celebrate the innuendo for a bit before I take the arrow from his hands and snap it on half. Unceremoniously, I drop the broken item in his hands and watch as he walks back to the group, defeated. Thor walks up next. Instead of sitting, he kneels in front of me. He furrows his brows and stares at the floor. Ever so dramatic, he takes his time looking up at me and taking both of my hands, placing a kiss on each.

"Lady (Y/n), I hope I am worthy of you." He says softly, looking deep into my eyes, being the person I am, I had to ruin the moment.

"Well, aren't you athorable!" I squish his cheeks together and giggle.

He walks back to the group with a confused look on his face. I overhear his muttering to Tony about how that wasn't a word. They pull out the big guns, Steve. Awkwardness and all, they force him to walk over. He chances a glance at Bucky and is struck with the death glare. He flinches, seeming to be physically hurt by the gaze.

"Uh h-hey (Y/n), we go t-together like eagles and freedom." He stutters out, I can tell he owed one of the people in the group a favor.

I stare at him blankly for a while and watch as his eyes nervously glance at Bucky, who seems to be seething. Suddenly Bucky stands up and walks over to us. I watch as he mentally tells Steve to back down. Like a wounded puppy, Steve scurries over to the group.

Bucky grabs my hand and gently pulls me into a standing position. He wraps his metal arm around my waist and allows his other hand to trace my cheekbone.

"I'm nothing but a soldier, but I can promise I'll always take care of you and I'll never stop loving you." I smile up at him and he smiled back, releasing me, he allows me to address the shocked group.

"Now that's how to flirt!"