Just a Crush | Clint Barton

ˏ₍•ɞ•₎ˎ  

Natasha popped another piece of candy in her mouth before moving to face me. I glanced at the assassin before focusing my eyes on to the television. She crawled onto the back of the couch and ended up behind my head. Suddenly, she tackles me, screaming like a pterodactyl. I fight back, trying to pin her, as always my efforts are in vain.

"Ha, pinned ya again." She smirks before returning to her seat.

"What was that for?" I question her and do the same.

"I wanna talk, this movie is boring." She swings her legs as she bounces up and down. "Truth or dare."

"No, last time we played together I ended up in Madagascar in a bear suit and Tony was lost for weeks."

"Truth or dare."

"No."

"Truth. Or. Dare."

"Truth or truth." I compromise.

"Perfect. (Y/n), truth or truth." Natasha smirks.

"Nat, this is such a hard choice. I'll go with truth." I chuckle

"Who do you think has the best hair of the team, not including us?" She smiles softly, still keeping her evil undertones.

"Easy, Thor." She nods her head and gestures for me to ask her the well known question. "Truth or truth?"

"Truth."

"Are you and Sam Wilson an item?"

"No, maybe in the future. Right now im playing hard to get. Like if he was a lion I would be a bird. Flying way from him whenever he gets close." She abandons the question and goes straight in for the kill. "Do you have a crush and if so, whom might it be?"

"Yeah," I say, rubbing the back of my neck uncomfortably. "I do have a crush."

"Well?" She raises her eyebrow and eggs me on.

"Clint." I say as soon I can tell the wait is killing her.

"Chill, I knew it." The red head sweeps a lock of hair off her forehead before continuing. "I just expected the dork to be the first one to break and tell someone he likes you too. Before you ask, I can see you guys walking around like love sick puppies when you see each other."

Before I can contradict that I don't do that I hear a loud bang and a couple of cursed coming from the vent. Nat grabs her gun and points it at the grate. Hands push it open and a lump of a person drops out. Clint stands not so proudly and wobbles while trying to walk forward. He nervously leans on to the wall and looks like he's pretending to know nothing.

"Hey, Clint." Natasha says nonchalantly, I raise my hand in greeting still completely embarrassed.

"Nat. Hey, (Y/n)." Clint stutters out, crossing his arms tightly across his chest. "So, uh, how're you two?"

"Ah, ya' know. Just enjoying girls night. Wanda isn't here because she had a date, with Vision, who's technically a guy, which arn't allowed, because it's girls night." I answer, trying to show him that he wasn't supposed to be anywhere near the area of the floor Nat and I share.

"Yeah, cool." He says, clearly not understanding what's happening in his embarrassment.

Nat shifts her eyes between us before leaving the area. I would do the same, because the are is so tense it's suffocating me, yet this situation directly involved me. Clint knows he can't leave either because he put himself in this predicament. He smiles shyly as He states at his boots.

"I guess you know now." I say, laughing slightly to ease off the tension.

"I guess you know too." He mumbles just loud enough for me to hear.

"What do I know, Clint?"

"That I like you too."

  ˏ₍•ɞ•₎ˎ