My Protector | Bucky Barnes

This is before the super soldier serum.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

A knock sounded at my apartment door. I peaked through the peephole, Bucky was standing there supporting a bloody Steve. I opened the door and ushered them in, I helped Bucky set Steve down on my love seat and I went to the bathroom to find my first aid kit. No word has been said until this point.

"Why did you do it Steve?" Bucky asks his friend.

"You heard what they said about (y/n)! I can't believe how controlled you were when I told you what they said." Steve whispers.

"That was far from controlled Steve." Bucky chuckles lightly.

"You almost killed them, I would've if not for, you know." Steve's voice drops.

I walked back into my living room with a cup of warm water, alcohol, bandages, cotton balls, and a couple towels.

"Who's gonna take a shower first? You two are covered in blood and mud." I raise an eyebrow. "Okay, I'll choose, Steve hop in. Here's a towel and I think I have three bathrobes in there give me your clothes to put in the laundry and one bathrobe for Bucky." I order, the two men stare at me bewildered. "Come on! Now chop, chop, chop. Hustle, hustle!" I yell and clap my hands.

The two men scramble around doing exactly as I ask. A pile of dirty clothes is placed at my feet, the shower is running, and Bucky is in a bathrobe sifting through my fridge.

"Nope! I'm making dinner in five minutes." I swat his hands and he groans.

I walk away to place the clothes in the washing machine. I hear footsteps following me, when I turn around Bucky is standing directly behind me, smiling widely.

"What?" I huff.

"I like it when you are authoritative with me." He nuzzles my neck and kisses lightly, trailing down my collarbone.

"Then why stop? Go boil a pot of water." I push him away and he groans, turning around and stomping away. "Then hop in the shower!"

"Okay mom!" I laugh at the joke.

Steve hops out after Buck had just finished placing the pot on the stove. I quickly start tending to his wounds and start making dinner. As I finish wrapping bandages around Steve's knuckles Bucky walks out of the bathroom, fully nude.

"James! Steve is here!" I nag.

"My eyes!" Steve covers his eyes, rolls off the couch, and hides under the coffee table.

"Oh yeah. Sorry punk." Buck smirks and puts the robe on.

We all laugh and talk over dinner before the boys have to leave. I hug Steve and kiss Bucky. Before he can leave I pull him back.

"What did those men say?" I clutch on to his arm.

"Oh. You heard that. They said," he pauses and takes a deep breath. "That you're pregnant and it's not mine."

"I don't know how the neighborhood found out before you, but I am pregnant. The part that they got wrong is that it is yours." I kiss him and push him out the door

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

It was a couple years later when Bucky died and my son and I were kidnapped by Hydra. Nicholas, my son, was trained, but I was only there for a future plan. When Nic reached his full potential we were both put in a cryogenic state and our memories painfully erased. Every so often I was woken up for extensive training, every time I was told that I had big plans, and so did my son and something called the Winter Soldier. Whatever that was.

It was time to put the plan in action. I was able to see this Winter Soldier for the first time. He felt familiar, he looked like Nic, but older, after all Nic is currently five. Nic held my hand tighter as the soldier walked towards us.

Who is he?

Why does he feel so familiar?

"What's your name?" He asked, muffled through his mask.

"My name is (y/n) and this is my son Nicholas." I held my head high. "Who are you?"

"I don't remember." He looks down at his feet.

"We gave him the extensive cleaning, why don't you remember him? Interesting." A man in a white lab coat wrote down notes.

"Do you know who he is, sir?" I respectfully ask the man.

"Your fiancé and the father of your child. These people are here to harm all of you. You must work together as a unit to take down your target." He hands all of us a Manila envelope.

We need to protect each other or this will be a failure. For family. For love.