Little Dove | Clint Barton

You can manipulate elements.

  ˏ₍•ɞ•₎ˎ  

Three stupid men had decided that I was their conquest of the night. How dull. I thought, realizing that the only weapon they had was a skimpy knife, most likely stolen. The whole "damsel in distress" act I had going on was getting old.

"Leave her alone." A husky voice called from above me.

"I can handle this buddy, now run along before you're hurt." I laugh as all the men look at me with shock written on their faces, obviously I'm a great actor because I found my performance quite tedious.

"I-I'm sorry but, what?" The bird man really must be thick headed if he hasn't realized what's going on.

In seconds I had a blue flame dancing in my palm, the men clearly stunned into silence. Was it fear? Or was it wonder? I didn't give them time to decipher their own feelings before I created a circle of flames around all of us. The bird gracefully climbed down the fire escape to stand behind me. I watched as the three attackers tried to escape, the dumb asses actually caught on fire. I mean, don't you see the gigantic wall of fire? What did you think would happen?

"Still think I need saving?" I smirk at the man who just minutes ago had tried to save me.

"I need to show you to Fury." He states before shooting me with something.

"Bro? What the fuck?" I had asked him, my voice thick and scrambled.

I had blacked out not even a second later. I'm pretty sure my head hit the concrete, not even my powers could save me in a moment like this.

 ˏ₍•ɞ•₎ˎ

The Avengers Initiative. I had planned to stay away from S.H.I.E.L.D. and Hydra for as long as I possibly could, I guess they had finally caught up to me. Thank God that it was S.H.I.E.L.D. and not Hydra. I don't feel like dealing with those sick fuckers today or any day.

"Mrs. (Y/N) (M/N) (L/N), born (D.O.B.) in (Hometown). You've got quite the clean record Mrs. (L/N), not a spot on it." A man in a black leather trench coat walks into the holding room, as he continues to talk I stare at the glass panel and I automatically know that the Avengers are sitting there and assessing my every move.

"I'd prefer to keep it that way, Sir" 

"As do I. Now tell me about your powers."

"I'm an Elemental. I can control earth, fire, water, and wind. I had gotten them in a freak accident, that I'm sure, Doctor Banner can relate to, I was six at the time."

"Are you able to control them?" He spoke after a long pause.

"Yes, Sir."

"We can keep you safe, you know that, correct?"

"Yes, Sir."

"Would you like to be safe?" 

"Yes, Sir." Without giving me a choice he said the four words that decided the rest of my life.

"Welcome to the Avengers."

  ˏ₍•ɞ•₎ˎ  

Two years. Two completely amazing years. The others were extremely excited for a new member with the added on never seen before power. Bruce, understanding the causes of my situation. he was the one who helped me find out I can control organic materials, including blood. Clint was the one who helped me through the transition. He was the one to first open up to me, even if it was just a drunk rambling, it still counts. He was the one who had asked me to be his date to most Stark's weekly parties. Clint was the one who confessed that he had feeling for me. Yet, I was the one who was brave enough to create an official relationship. My thoughts stopped when I saw him walk out of the elevator.

"Hello, my Dove." He flashes me a crooked smile and pulls me into a tight hug.

"Hey Hawky," I hug him even tighter. "How was the mission."

"Good. I mean, I'm still alive, so that's a plus." He kiss my cheeks repetitively.

"What are you doing?" I giggled and tried to push him away. "Clint, stop."

"Nope not until you give me a kiss." He smirks at me.

"Gosh, you're weird." I laugh as he picks me up and twirls me around.

"Is it so bad for a boyfriend to want a kiss from his girlfriend?" He asks, only letting up when I give him a peck on the lips and walk away. "Come on! That was weak!"

ˏ₍•ɞ•₎ˎ

Really? How can someone stay in the air vents for that long? It's been four hours! I had finished two books and am about to start on my third, now ignoring Clint was getting annoying. I Plop back down on my bed and open the random book I had grabbed.

"Clint, please come out of the vents." I say, trying to sound as bored as I could when really, all I wanted to do was laugh.

When he doesn't answer I pop the screen off the vent revealing a sleeping Clint. I laugh as I use my powers to pull him gently down and set him on the bed beside me, it's about two hours later when Clint wakes up in shock.

"Poor baby."

"What?" He asks when he sees that he's not in the vent. 

"I knew you where in the vent ya' idiot." I shrug and kiss his cheek.

"I love you." He sighs and holds me.

"I love you too." I giggle and snuggle closer.

"You'll always be my Dove." He mumbles before drifting off to sleep yet again.

"And you'll always be my Hawky." Without knowing it, Clint smiles in his sleep and for the first time in a long time, he feels content.