Don't Tell | Clint Barton

Request by littlethormaid11.

ˏ₍•ɞ•₎ˎ

Being Tony Stark's daughter is overwhelming. You're expected to act a certain way just because of your last name. I mean, it wasn't like I was completely different from him, but I am different. I don't like being with a new person every night, I don't actually like parties, and I don't like to flaunt. Yet I defiantly have his brains and I gained some of his personality over the years. I never knew my mom, she had died a little after having me, her murderer being breast cancer. 

I continue on my mission to deliver paperwork to my dad. He had asked specifically for me to deliver it, even though he has so many other ways for this to be delivered. I already know what it is, I knew the minute it was handed to me. He must be working on another suit, always worried someone will find out how to create their own, he only designs them on paper now.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by an arrow whizzing past my head. In shock, I look back at my not-so-secret boyfriend.

"Clint! That was close!" I laugh as he trots towards me leisurely.

"You're not hurt right." His face contorted with worry.

"No, Clint. I'm not hurt physically, but my feelings are forever scarred!" I say dramatically, falling against him, pretending to die.

"Now, where to hide the body." He pretends to run the thought through his head for a couple of seconds before we both burst out laughing. "Okay, whatcha doin', Girlie?"

"I have to give my dad some stuff, I'll catch up with you later, okay?" Clint nods dejectedly before heading off down a different corridor. 

I hated keeping our relationship a secret from my Dad. He had always wanted me to date Steve because he wanted me to be with someone who acted like nothing less than a gentleman towards me. I can understand where he's coming from because he's the exact opposite of Steve and knows that he doesn't treat women like they should. I know that my Dad only wants the best for me, but, he's overbearing. 

I finally reach the entrance to my Father's lab and press my thumb onto the fingerprint recognition and continue on my way. My Dad doesn't look up when I enter, knowing it's either me, Pepper, Bruce, or Happy. Swinging my legs, I wait patiently until he finished his work on whatever he's doing currently. Clint is watching from the vents, watching my interactions with my Father. I had told Clint a while ago that I would get to telling my Dad as soon as I felt ready. Of course, being the person he is, Clint has been watching closely to see if I'll actually tell him.

"Hey Daddy, what do you feel about Clint..." I notice my father's overprotective glare and try to figure out another word to say without giving myself up. "Eastwood." My Father looks at me questioningly before shrugging.

"He's badass." He said and continued to work.

"Okay." I kissed his forehead. "Bye Daddy." I say as I set the papers down, not wanting to leave Clint alone any longer after that bombshell.

I scaled the wall and climbed into the nearest vent. Clint would most likely be in our usual spot, away from cameras and people. I hope he doesn't think I didn't want to tell him. He should know by now how my father is. I mean, we live in the same tower, if he doesn't know what my dad can be like than I might take offense. 

"Your dad hates me." Clint had his head in his hands when I finally had found him.

"No baby, he doesn't hate you." I try to comfort him. "I just think that he doesn't want me dating anybody but Steve."

"That's even worse." His words were muffled and whiny.

"He's hosting a charity event tonight, everyone is gonna be there. You should too." I place a hand on his arm and kiss his hair. "Please come." With that I slink away to leave him to think.

  ˏ₍•ɞ•₎ˎ   

My Father had picked out a Sequin Embroidered One-Shoulder Silk Crepe Gown and a pair of bronze leather Giuseppe Zanotti Coline Sandals. He wanted me to impress someone tonight, I could tell. I sighed and slipped the dress on with ease, I then asked Natasha to help me with my makeup and hair. When she was finished, I thanked her and slid my shoes on. Nervously, I tugged at a loose curl.

"My baby girl is growing up." My father commented when I joined him in the elevator.

"Thanks Daddy." He smiled and offered me his arm, which I slipped my own through.

We walked to the party with our arms linked. The crowd stopped talking to stare at my father and I. When we reached the edge of the balcony, camera flashes went off everywhere. My Father began with his part of the speech about the breast cancer research facility we're creating in my Mom's honor.

I smiled up at my father and looked around the room to find Clint. He was at the bar with a drink in his hand, lost in his own world. When my Father's part ended I started. My Dad could tell something was bothering me so he squeezed my arm in reassurance. We were finally finished with the speech, everybody politely clapped. I started to walk to Clint but I was stopped by my father grabbing my hand and taking me over to Steve.

"Steve, you know my daughter." He squeezed my hand and gave me a look that said 'Talk to him'.

"Yeah, I do, nice to see you again ma'am." He blushed and smiled.

"Good to see you Captain." I smirked at his blush which was similar to that of a tomato.

After a while of uncomfortable chatting and awkward side glances, I accidentally caused Steve to strike up a conversation about his shield and upgrading his suit. I used my Father's eagerness to escape and make my way over to my boyfriend.

"Hey, Hawky." I cooed in his ear.

"Hey Angel." Boldly he pecked me on my cheek and ordered another drink.

"So, you and Clint. Clint and you." My Dad contemplated the thought in his head while every now and then muttering out each of our names. "I got it! (Your Ship Name)."

Clint and I both stare at him dumbfounded as we watch him order a drink. He shrugs and turns his body back toward us.

"What?" He looks at us with his eyebrows raised." I'm chill."