Chapter 33 (Finale)

Flash forward:

Clementine's POV

I was sitting at a café reading a new book I bought. I sipped on my iced tea and flipped the pages.

"Clementine?" I heard an excited voice behind me. I looked back and set my book down.

"Aimee?" I looked at a girl who looked a lot different than before. Her short auburn hair had grown out and reached to her abdomen. She had grown taller or that could just be the heels.

"I can't believe we found one another again. This is unbelievable!" Aimee gasped. "You look different. I like your hair, it's shorter."

"Thank you. Your hair grew out."

"How's your life now? It's been over a year since I met you. Who was the guy you were upset with? A Simon? Did you ever find him?"

I chuckled at all the questions thrown toward me. "I did and he put a ring on it."

"Engaged?! Congratulations!"

"Thanks. So how's your life? Do you still work in a café?" I asked Aimee. I remember meeting her working a shift in a coffee shop.

"No, I'm currently in college in America. I came back to visit my hometown. Well I got to go, my boyfriend is probably looking for me."

"Boyfriend?" I raised an eyebrow and chuckled.

"Met him in America."

"Well maybe I'll see you around sometime, again. It was great catching up with you."

"Bye, Clementine!" Aimee skipped away from the table as I said goodbye. I turned around facing my iced tea and picked up my book again. I've graduated school, fell in love, met new friends, and got engaged. I realised this was only the beginning and not the end.