Chapter 20

Two months later:

Clementine's POV

I carried his limp unconscious body into the car and angrily steered my way home. By the time I got home I had tears falling down my cheeks. Buzz...buzz...buzz...I looked down at my phone and knew exactly who was texting.

I didn't mean any harm, I didn't do anything. I swear to god. Come over to my house, now. I know who 'Unknown' is.
-Lily Grey

I'm coming now, but Simon is unconscious thanks to whatever stunt you tried to pull. You better tell the truth when I get there. I still don't trust you.
-Clementine

Why is Simon unconscious?
-Lily Grey

I thought you knew?
-Clementine

Hold on I'm getting a text...
-Clementine

Lily doesn't know shit, but you do if you think about everything that's happened within this two months. Simon is unconscious cause of me, but watch out cause Lily is lying, still. You know who I am.
-Unknown

Back to the present:

Clementine's POV

"Who's sending these to me? It keeps telling me to 'watch out' mainly to watch out for you." Simon was angry and didn't understand the unknown texts he was getting.

"Just calm down. It's probably some really stalkerish fan who hates me." I tried to calm him down, but t was hard since we were still angry at each other.

"So you're telling me that you haven't gotten a single weird text message either?"

"Well...technically no." I answered truthfully. "I did get a call from an unknown number though. It kept saying my name on loop."

"And that didn't scare you?"

"Not really. I thought whoever it was on the other side was broken."

"I'm nervous."

"It's okay. Calm down. It probably won't happen again."

Buzz...buzz...buzz

"Not again...please..." Simon looked tired. He had bags under his eyes and was pale. He read the text to me, "Simon, tsk tsk tsk. You're talking to Clementine. You can't tell her things like this. She is not trustable. How many times should I tell you?"

"This is more offending than scary. I feel like I know who it is." It had to be the one and only Lily Grey. She hated me and doesn't want Simon to know she's cheating on him with some other guy. But if I tell Simon that I think it's Lily, he will never forgive me. "Never mind. Probably a stupid fan."

Simon texted the unknown person back: leave us alone.