Chapter 8

Simon's POV

I woke up not knowing what time it was. I checked my phone, 6:30. I slowly crawled out the covers trying not to disturb Clementine while she slept peacefully.

I slowly opened the door and snuck out to make pancakes for her. What if she wakes up and still hasn't forgiven me? What if she's so pissed she refuses to talk to me? What if she remembers last night?

I grabbed the pancake mix while trying to not think of the worst. I stirred everything together.

"Why are you up so early?" I flinch to see Josh behind be.

"What the hell man? I'm trying to make some pancakes!" I joked in frustration.

"Is the, girl, still in your room?" He asked me.

"Yeah, I'm going to wake her up soon. She had a rough night." I sighed. I turned back to stack my pancakes.

"I think you both had quite a night." Josh smirked, "You have lipstick stains on your face."

"Shut up. Nothing happened. Just a few of her drunk kisses. They weren't even real." They weren't real. I went to the bathroom sink to wipe the smudges away.

Clementine's POV

I felt someone shake me the life. I saw a face in front of me. I tried to focus my vision. Where am I?

"Simon?!" I screamed, "What? How?" A million thoughts boggled through my mind. I quickly sat up. There was an immediate pounding and sick feeling.

"Shhhh. I will explain everything." I loosed my shoulders. "Do you remember anything?"

"No." I said furrowing my eyebrows, "I just remember walking into the club talking to my friend and watching her leave. Something about a guy taking me home, but that's fuzzy."

"Yeah, er, you were really drunk when I found you. I felt bad so I took you home."

My eyes widened, "Wait did we?"

"No!"

"Oh thank god." I let a breath of relief out, "what happened then on?"

"I helped you to bed and got you some water. You slept in my bed while I slept on the couch."

"Okay," I mumbled softly, "Hey, can you toss me my purse? Thanks." I searched for a pouch of makeup remover. I took it out and grabbed a wet sheet. I wiped my makeup away.

"You look a lot more like Clementine now. At the club I almost didn't recognise you." I froze at that sentence.

"But you did."

I got up to get myself ready. "You can take any sidemen shirt and there are extra toothbrushes under the sink." I nodded to what Simon said. "I'm going to go downstairs and prepare the rest of the food."

I found myself a oversized t-shirt and changed from my dress into the comfortable option. I cleaned myself and headed downstairs to find Simon.