Chapter 3

Clementine's POV

"Miss? Hello?" A random girl poked me. My eyes fluttered open and my body shifted to life. "Sorry to wake you m'am, are you ready for lunch?"

I nodded, "yeah, I guess." She smiled.

"Pasta noodles or salad?" She asked me.

I didn't even think my brain just escaped words out my mouth, "Pasta please." She handed a tray with food on it.

"And a drink?" She asked.

"Sprite will do." I say.

She poured the carbonated juice into a clear plastic cup. I nodded a thank you and she headed to the next person. I ate most of my food, just enough to sustain till dinner.

I pulled out my diary to read once more. I haven't opened these entries since I've written in it. I couldn't believe how young and reckless I was.

I flipped to the marked page,

July 2nd- It's been a month into summer and all I've done is party and youtube. I've alway wanted to be a familiar face on the web or at least have a friend who is. I don't know. That'll never happen.

I chuckled to myself. This is so ironic.

I went to the mall today with my best friend Ariana. She got her hair done while I watched the magic happen. She is now blonde. I don't know why she decided to do that.

I didn't buy much. Just some hair ties. 

Why did I ever write that in? Gosh I need to meet my younger self and give a long talk with her.

July 4th- Short entry: mastered the messy bun.

I flipped the page,

July 18th- Simon took me to a football field. He drove to my house and picked me up. He taught me how to play and he showed me some tricks.

We battled over the ball and laughed at each others attempts. I stole the ball away from him watched him try and steal it away from me. I smirked and laughed at him. "You can really play with balls." He exclaimed. I told him to shut up.

He finally gave up and pulled me away from the ball. He tickled me to the ground. I was laying on the field grass and Simon was on top of me, in a push up position. His hands were nailed into the ground next to my head.

I looked into his eyes and gave a genuine smile. He leaned in and kissed me. I could feel on hand setting on the bare skin of my waist.

I felt my heart drop as I read the last sentence.