Chapter 25

Clementine's POV

"Did you think it worked?" I nervously bit my nails. Simon and I met together in a small shop where Unknown could not spot us.

"Unknown had to totally believe it. We must've fooled him." Simon answered confidently. I know behind his brave wall he put up he was scared.

"Okay are you ready to send the text?" I asked for Simon's approval.

"Yeah." I clicked the button 'send' and instantly the message delivered. I bit my lip wondering how it had to end up like this.

To: Unknown

I knew he would blame me. I hate him. Let me in on this 'Unknown' game.

-Clementine

"It's done. No turning back now." I said aloud more to myself than to Simon.

Lily's POV

I've been double crossed. I hired him so he could do all my dirty work and now he just threw me under the bus. So what if I lied about loving him? He fell for my trick. Oh well, I guess what ever is what ever. I still have Simon.

Once they find out who Unknown is, Simon will stay with me forever. Clementine can leave our relationship.

I had this game figured out.

Clementine's POV

I slid my t-shirt over my head and tossed it on the floor along with my shorts. I slid on some fleece bottoms and a new sweater. I checked the time--21:36. I knew I should catch up on some sleep but I wasn't tired.

Ding! Ding! I unlocked my phone and checked text messages. For the first time, I was happy to see a text from Unknown.

Finally you have learned people can betray you.
-Unknown

They should pay.

Join me in the harassment, the stalking, and the hurting. I won't hurt you if you just join.

I join. When shall I get started?

Tomorrow. Meet up with me at the alleyway between the flower shop and the pizzeria

What time?

Nine o clock sharp. Be there to show me I can trust you.

I'll be there, don't you worry.
Read at 21:41

So it was settled. I didn't want Simon to be dragged in this so I didn't send him a text about it. I took my phone and plugged it onto the charger. I gently placed it on my desk. I turned out the lights and crawled under the covers.