Chapter 12

Clementine's POV

"Are you sure you want this? There's no going back now." I hear the hairstylist rummaging her hands through the drawers. I nodded me head shut my eyes tight, waiting for the cold brush impact of dye.

"I can't believe this," Ari stated, "Nah this is a dream. Clementine dyeing her hair? No." I chuckled her off. Goodbye natural hair.

Stroke after stroke my hair tips were turning ever so slightly brown, then bronze, and finally a mustard yellow. The transitions were slow but very sudden. My identity was fading away just like the colour of my natural hair.

My hair was bathed in cold water with conditioner. Finally, the colouring. The brush slid down my strands of hair, coating them with a thick white mixture. I wonder if it'll turn out well like all those tumblr photos. I wonder if Simon will see my new hair.

Once again my hair was showered with cool water and conditioner after the long drying wait. "Clem, it's white...your hair is actually white!" Ari's pointer finger lightly touched my new dry hair just like it was ice. Her finger lightly pushed down.

This was something totally new to me. My eyes couldn't adjust to the fact half my hair was white. "Wow," I paused, "It's just so...different." I like the way the black transitioned to a grey and finally to a white. It wasn't a cold white that gave people chills. More like a warm fuzzy feeling people saw when they first see snow in December.

"I love it, this is totally going on my snapchat story. Wait...look here, honey. Smile." I plastered a smile across my face. "Ah, yes, story." Ari grinned as if she won the nobel peace prize.