Chapter 16

Clementine's POV

Maybe I was too harsh and maybe I said something about Lily too early. I felt like Simon had to know. It was a mistake to think that wasn't it? I should back out of Simon's life like he backed out of mine. Fair game right?

Simon's POV

I was angry, beyond angry. Out of all the people, how could Clementine be the one to accuse my girlfriend of cheating on me. Lily was always so bright when I was around, happy. She has everything she needs so why want more? There was no explanation on why she would cheat on me. Clementine is lying, I know she is. Maybe she's just jealous of the relationship Lily and I share. Yes that's it. Lily wouldn't cheat on me, would she?

Clementine's POV

"Spring Formal is coming up in two weeks, I'm so exited. Daniel is taking me and literally I'm just-" Ari was gushing over how much she wanted Spring Formal to come quicker the entire day. "Is anyone taking you?" We were at my locker down the halls during our free period.

I remembered Daniel. The girl of Ari's dreams. Tall, lean, and muscular (probably hiding a six pack underneath his t-shirt but Ari didn't need to know I thought of that). He had dirty blonde- almost brown- hair from what I could remember. Ari and him had the most, the most annoying on off relationship.

"Spring Formals suck. I'm going with friends." Secretly I wanted that kid on the football team to ask me. The captian. I think his name was Simon Minter. "Nobody's going to ask little ol' me anyways." Simon Minter didn't even know my name.

"You're such a downer." Ari sighed and rolled her eyes at me.

The same day but during lunch time, I swear I saw Simon glance at me. Maybe I was imagining things that my heart wanted but I wasn't so sure. My heart fluttered when I thought he looked at me. Even if it was for a millisecond, it was the best millisecond of my existent. I couldn't tell if it was on purpose or not but when I was walking to calculus, his shoulder brushed against mine. He actually said sorry. By then, I was on cloud nine.

I was such a dork. I giggled at my fangirlyness, if that's even a word. I don't even remember if he actually looked at me or not. I was a weird kid back then. I didn't even know if he knew my name then. Spoilers: he did.

Short true story: I once was accidentally blocking my crush's path (it was a very narrow doorway, I had nothing planned). As a nice person I am (flips hair) I said sorry. He said my bad and I died.