Chapter 19

Simon's POV

The moon was starting the peek out from underneath the clouds. The stars began to fill the night sky. Just one last video to edit and I can go to bed. Buzz...buzz...I grabbed my phone phone near the mouse and scrolled through three texts that came.

Hello, Simon Minter.

How's your day? I hope your day gets even better after this incoming news.

Clementine, such a sweet little girl. I hope you realise she's trying to sabotage your relationship with Lily Grey.

-Unknown number

I furrowed my eyebrows as I read through the texts. What was this? I decided to reply back.

Who is this?

You don't know me
-UN

Tell me the truth

The truth is you don't know me
-UN

Give me a name

No response. Suddenly the grey 'sent' under my text turned to 'read'. I waited a few moments but the anonymous person did not reply. Suddenly, I felt as if someone was watching me.

Clementine's POV

It's been a while since last entry and Simon and I have became friends. He taught me how to play football- kicking, scoring, defence. The dance didn't go so well and I ended up staying home. Simon and I at the time just weren't close. I heard he asked a blonde cheerleader to go with him. Typical.

I shut my diary to the sound of my phone ringing. I had an incoming call. I slid the green tab to the right and held the phone up against my face.

"Hello?"

"Clementine V."

"Who is this?"

"Clementine V."

As much as I tried to understand who was on the other line and what they wanted, all I heard through the phone was 'Clementine V.' The scratchy voice reminded me o nails on a chalk board- sending me chills down my spine. Who was on the other end?