Chapter 14

Shoutout to  @xixlucyxix for guessing the password in a chapter I wrote like a million years ago.

Lily's POV

"I love you..." I breathed into Simon's chest. Our legs were tangled together and we were so close together. I could feel his heart beating. I smiled just to myself knowing it was birthday tomorrow and I could feel a present soon coming my way, not to mention Simon loved me and wouldn't forget this special day. I just have to make it through long enough until I'm ready to break his heart. I chuckled aloud.

"What's so funny?" Simon laughed.

"That I'm next to you." I had him wrapped around my finger, he loves me too much. So he'll forgive me if he ever found out my plan. He is, like I said, gullible.

Clementine's POV

"Who's that?" I asked while pointing to a tall blonde across the lunch table, "has he been attending school here for a while?" I was new to this school and didn't know most people.

"Captain of the football team and one year older than us." My newest friend, Ariana, told me.

"So he has a girlfriend?" I try to slither in without much attention.

"Not at the moment no." Ari eyes me weirdly, "but I feel bad for every girl involved. His love is all fake, you can tell. Poor girls get their heart broken from him."

Maybe I should've listened then. Maybe if I did I would be happy. I shoved my diary into the bookshelves threw myself toward my closet. I slid open the doors and tried to find one of the new dresses I bought. Who even wore black anymore. I pulled out a two piece cream dress and matched it up with a pair of white pumps. After tonight, the only guy not in my mind will be Simon Minter.

"What's a pretty lady doing here all alone?" I turn myself to be greeted by the most darling guy I've seen. He had windswept caramel hair and a pair of emerald eyes. "Name's Brent."

"Clementine but you can just call me Em." I swayed with the music and acted flirtatious.

"Clementine? That's an unusual name. I like it. It's not british so I'm guessing you have some american background. It really throws me off since you have a british accent."

"I do have an american background. Just born and raised here." I smile.

Kisses went down my neck. With each peck I moaned into the air. He marked his territory all over my neck. Well these won't ever go away. Our lips connected and immediately my mind was brought into a trance.

I leaned into a guilty Simon and roughly kissed him on the lips. He didn't stop me and instead he went along with it. He smelled like lavender and vanilla. No trace of any alcohol. I made little kisses that left some lipstick on him and knew he so badly wanted this. But before it got even more heated, he broke apart and knew this was wrong.

"Em? Are you okay? Em?" I was brought back into reality and felt horrible.

"I can't do this. I just came to get over someone but it's not working. I need to go." I stepped back from Brent and he nodded knowingly. He understood. "Sorry. Maybe I'll see you some other time."

I tried to get out of this place as fast as possible. The dams broke and black streaks ran down my cheeks. I tried to rub these tears away but I just smudged my perfect makeup. Simon lied to me and didn't tell me about what I did that friday night. Whenever I try to forget him, something always happens and I can never let it go.

I make my way toward the exit. I passed by many couples and people getting hooked up. How could anything get worse?  But of course I had to bump into a girl with a drink in her hand. My dress was completely soaked and reeked alcohol. "Watch where you're going, whore." Whoever I hit snarled at me.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't-" I looked up and I was completely cut of by who I saw. "Lily Grey?" But immediately I regretted saying her name.

"Oh another fan." She rolled her eyes. "What do you want? An autograph or picture?" I was too scared to speak. I was too angry to talk. What happened to the nice Lily Grey dating Simon.

"Babe, come on let's go crash at my place." I hear a slightly tipsy guy talk behind her. Though it wasn't Simon.

"Yeah, I'm ready to leave. Just an annoying girl." She swiftly spun around and took the guy's hand. Her blonde curls hit my face. The last thing I heard was an uncalled comment of me reeking alcohol. I pushed my way through the doors crying even harder than before. My fist was so tight, my knuckles turned white. I could feel my nails digging into my palms. I should tell Simon right? I took the wheel to a familiar house that wasn't mine. I needed to talk to somebody. Somebody who understood.