Chapter 9

Simon's POV

Maybe I should tell her I slept in the same bed last night. I didn't like lying to her face even if it was the safe option.

I can't tell her I let her kiss me. I mean the kisses already complicated things. The fight has just made everything awkward. I don't even know if she still likes me. If she can even forgive me.

I hear little foot steps coming down the stairs. I look behind and there's clementine looking at me. She had her hair up and was wearing an oversized sidemen tee.

I hand her a plate of pancakes. Should I bring up what happened before I left for uni?

"Thanks." She mumbled. Maybe I should apologise for being a douche to her. Maybe she forgot about the whole blow over and moved on and wasn't as upset.

"Hey Clementine? Do you still remember the day I left?" I asked her. She didn't immediately say anything. Maybe she was trying to figure out what to tell me.

"Yeah. I remember. Crystal clear." She let out. There was hurt and unsureness in her voice, "I was actually reading over my diary. Her voice was shaky.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left without saying anything. I didn't know how to say it. I was young and stupid."

"I mean a 'hey I'm leaving tomorrow could've worked. Instead of just getting your drunk ass wasted. Sorry." Ouch.

"Yeah and I'm sorry. I really am. That's why took you everywhere the week before." I sighed, "I didn't want to let you go."

"Simon, I don't think sorry can save this. Thanks for the pancakes but I need to go home." She dropped her phone on the counter and stood from her chair. She went to get her shoes.

"You don't have a car."

I heard her huff, "Simon Minter, may you please drive me back to the bar. My car is parked there." I went to grab my keys. Maybe I could work out our situation in the car.