Chapter 5

Narrator

Clementine instantly fell asleep on the couch. She woke up in the middle of the night. She stretched and yawned, "god I'm so jet lagged..."

She got up from the couch and decided to grab a midnight snack. She got an apple to eat from the fridge. She took her phone out and scrolled on Instagram. Her feed was utter crap. Her thumbs were sliding up and up. Clementine froze at a post.

It was a post from an account called miniminter7. The picture was a group photo of a bunch of people in jerseys smiling at the camera. She could name each member. She watched Simon's youtube channel enough to recognise them all.

She longed to talk to him and now that she was in London...no. It had to be impossible to reach him. He was a busy youtuber with a busy life. His phone number was changed and he possibly changed. But a girl can dream.

She unzipped her mac out of her suit case and turned it on. She opened up youtube and in the search box typed miniminter7 and entered. He had a new snapchat qna. She watched it and couldn't help laughing. Yep, he had to still be the same. She watched video after video- fifa, gta, qna, and vlogs.

Clementine fell back into a deep sleep from the voice of Simon.

September 5th- Simon and I have hung out for a week straight for some weird reason. He won't tell me why. We have gone bowling, swimming, ice skating, and more activities. He insists it's just for fun. I don't believe him.

September 7th- Simon hasn't talked to me the whole day yesterday. It's like he just fell off the earth. He won't respond to any of my messages even my calls. I hope he's okay...

September 8th- I can't believe him!! Simon Minter just left me!! I drove to his house to stop by since I was so worried about him. His mum answered the door. I asked her where Simon was and if he was okay. His mum was confused and she gave me a face of sympathy.

She asked me if he visited me yesterday and I told her no. She sighed and I knew exactly what happened. Instead of visiting me he went to the bar and got drunk. He was supposed to tell me he loved me and everything before uni.

I texted him and yelled at him for getting drunk. I also yelled at myself for being in love with him.

September 9th- School has started and my day has sucked. My friends all asked me if me and Simon were going out. I wasn't in the mood for talking.

I got home and Simon had texted me after the day.

Clementine had stuck a few pictures of the text messages in her diary.

How could you do this to me? You just fell off the face of the earth after a week of just me and you hanging out.
-Em

I went to uni.
-Si

I know and you didn't even notify me. You were supposed to the day before you left but instead got wasted at a bar.
-Em

I wanted to. I just couldn't.
-Si

Simon, I was worried sick! You just left me here and knew I would do this!You knew!
-Em

Oh grow up. Em, this day would happen.
-Si

You could have at least told me and said goodbye!
-Em

Goodbye then.
-Si

Stop! I actually loved you Si. I loved you but I guess all those kisses were fake.
-Em

Don't say that.
-Si

You never loved me. Now I know.
-Em

You know what? Just fuck you.
-Si

My heart broke when he said those last three words.

Goodbye Simon.
-Em

They never spoke again.