Thirty-One. Did You Forget Something?

(A/N- Ahhh..chapter 31.  Only 3 more chapters and the epilogue remain. I know I'll probably do this for every chapter remaining but seriously....thank you all so much!!!  I didn't really expect this story to do this well and I am very appreciative for all of the support.  Enjoy, lovelies!!! xxx )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Waking up this morning was literally the worst thing ever.  Another Monday morning after the live shows and it was the most awful feeling.  I looked over to Zayn and he was lying on his back, hands under his head, eyes looking blankly to the bottom of the top bunk that he was sleeping under.  I let my eyes wander to the, now empty, top bunk and brush a tear away from my cheek. 

We never expected for Liam to be sent home.  It was such a shock and last night as soon as the broadcast was over Zayn and I held onto Liam and we all shed some tears.

He, of course, told us not to focus on his leaving and to keep doing the best we can and he will be routing and voting for us each week.  When we returned to the house we helped him pack.  He decided that he wanted to drive himself home after the show ended.  We all stood in the courtyard hugging, sharing a tearful goodbye and he was soon gone.  Zayn and I walked arm and arm back up to our room and went right to sleep.

I see Zayn rub his hands over his face and sigh in frustration.  I pull the covers off of me and slide out of my bed.  I tap his leg and motion for him to move over.  He does and I lay next to him. 

We are both on our backs, casting our eyes to the bed above us, silently taking it all in.

“Remember the time that he stubbed his toe on the side of the dresser” I started to chuckle.  Zayn smiled.

“Yes.  He grunted a few times and did some weird dance and then just went on about his business like nothing happened.  I’ve never laughed so hard in all my life.” We looked at each other and smiled.

“I’m gonna miss him.” Zayn added.

“Me too.   But he will actually be back in a couple weeks for the finals so we will see him soon and we can call and bug him every chance we get!”

“Sounds good to me” He responded and smacked my stomach.

“Ugh.” I huffed and knocked my knee against his.  “Well, I have to go do my video diary.  I’ll see you in a bit.”  He nodded and I got up from his bed and threw some decent clothing on and headed downstairs.

During the video diary I was obviously talking about how much I am going to miss Liam and how close we all got and I considered him one of my best mates.  I tried to sound upbeat but I was still quite upset over Liam’s dismissal.  I answered a few questions and the last question made me remember my actions before singing More Than Words.  I read the question.

“This question comes from Sophia from London.  Hello, babe!  She asks, What is the importance of the necklace you kissed on Saturday night?”  I smiled.