Twelve. New York

(A/N - Second of three updates for today!!  I hope you all enjoy!!!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All day Sunday I spent basically locked in my room; only coming out for food and water.  I had a short conversation with Jamie; luckily it was a happy one.  I also texted back and forth with Harry a bit, as well as Liam, Zayn and even Colin.  My main focus for today was to choose the song that I would sing for which ever judge that boys’ category was paired with.

I went through all of the songs on my ipod.  I looked through Billboard top 100 lists.  I even ran through YouTube videos.  I wanted a song that could show my vocal range but it couldn’t be a safe song.  I needed it to be a song that I could also put my spin on it.  I finally had it narrowed down to three songs.  The first being ‘Drop In The Ocean’ by Ron Pope.  It is a beautiful song and I know I can sing it really well.  The second is a classic REO Speedwagon song; ‘Keep On Loving You’.  I mean really, who doesn’t love some REO Speedwagon.  And the third is ‘Boston’ by Augustana.  I absolutely love that song and it can show that I can sing in my normal lower to middle range but that I can also sing in a slightly higher range as well. 

I decided that I would play each song for my parents and get their opinion.  I had to make a decision by the middle of the week because I had to inform the show producers what song I wanted to sing and they would have to ok it.  With this all being televised, they legally had to clear it through the record labels.

My parents were in the living room watching television.  I came down, guitar in hand and sat on the coffee table.

“Can you guys tell me which song you like best” I asked.  They smiled.  My dad reached for the remote and turned off the television so I would get their undivided attention.

“Of course honey.  What is this for?”

“Well I have to pick a song to sing at judges’ houses and I have narrowed it down to three and I would like for you to tell your opinions on each song.  I’ll just sing through like the first verse and chorus of each song.”  They nodded and I began singing all three songs back to back.  I wanted them to hear each song before they formulated an opinion.  After I finished the last song, I looked up at them and waited.

“Oh sweetheart.  You are amazing.” Mum said and brushed a few tears off of her face.

“Mum…now is not a time to get weepy.  You know I can sing, but you cry every time.” I rolled my eyes.

“I know, baby.  But I am over whelmed each time.”

“Well which song did you like best?”  I looked back and forth between them waiting for their reply.

“I think you did perfect on all of them, but I think my favorite was the second one you sang.  You sounded the best on that one.” Dad commented and I smiled.

“I have to agree with your father, dear.  I liked the second song the best, as well” She smiled.