Two. The Audition

(A/N - Here is chapter two.  This will be the last upload for a little while as I mentioned before.  I want to fully or almost fully have the story completed before uploading any more.  Enjoy, darlings and let me know what you think, please!!!  xx)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don’t trip, don’t trip, don’t trip.  I repeat to myself as I make my way across the stage.  I look out to the cheering audience.  I smile at the reaction I am getting from the screaming girls, obviously from the way I look because they haven’t even heard me sing yet.  I wave at some girls in the front and send them a quick wink.  I smile wider when a few girls scream louder.  I have to admit that it is a pretty big confidence boost.  I’m not a shy person by any means, but I am usually not so flirty.

I get to the spot in the middle of the stage.  I have the microphone in one hand and I remove my snapback with my other hand, ruffle my hair; while still holding my hat, and then place it back on my head.  That seemed to earn some additional cheers.  I wasn’t meaning to do that.  It is just a nervous habit.

“Well you certainly have the girls’ attention don’t ya, cutie.” Cheryl Cole said and I looked at the ground and blushed a tiny bit.  This earned some ‘awwes’ from the girls.

“And you are?” Simon Cowell says with his stoic face.  He scares me a bit if I am being honest.

“I’m Niall Horan.” I reply.  I have been trying to avoid looking at Harry this whole time, knowing that I will just end up staring.  He is so handsome.

“And how old are you?” Louis Walsh asks.

“Seventeen.” I don’t know why the girls screamed for that.  It’s just my age.  I return the smile and finally glance at Harry.  He returns my smile and begins to speak.

“So why have you come to audition?” Harry asks, still smiling at me.  His dimples in his cheeks are very pronounced.

“I have always loved to sing and play guitar and it would be a dream to be able to do it professionally.” I reply.  He nods.

“So what will you be singing?” Cheryl asks.  I take a deep breath knowing that they will likely comment on my song choice.

“I….um….will be singing More Than This.” I glance at Harry and he has a smile on his face.  The crowd cheers.

“You sure you wanna sing one of Harry’s songs?” Simon asks with his arms crossed over his chest.

“Yeah…um I mean...yes” I stutter out.

“Well good luck.” Harry replies and winks.  Holy shit.  Harry Styles just winked at me.  Breathe, Niall.  You have to sing and it has to be perfect.  I hear the music begin.  I decided last week that I would sing the second verse and the chorus.  I wait for the cue in the music and begin.

‘If I’m louder, would you see me?  Would you lay down, in my arms and rescue me?  Cause we are the same.  Cause you save me, and when you leave it’s gone again.  And then I see you on the street, in his arms, I get weak.  My body fails, I’m on my knees, prayin’.  When he opens his arms and holds you close tonight, it just won’t feel right. Cause I can love you more than this.  Yeah.  When he lays you down I just might die inside, it just don’t feel right.  Cause I can love you more than this, I can love you more than this.’