Nine. Hope You're A Good Dancer

(A/N- First of two updates for the day.  Enjoy, darlings!!!  xx )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel hot breath on my neck.  I am a tiny bit scared at this point.

“It’s me, silly.  You don’t have to be scared”  I recognized the voice immediately.  The hand was removed from my mouth and I turned to face him.

“Harry!” I slapped his arm.  “You scared the hell outta me!”  I take a deep breath and calm my nerves.  I look at Harry’s shadowy figure.

“I can’t see a damn thing in here.” I say and hear Harry rustling around for something.  The lights are soon on and I look around the room.  I am in what looks like a small office that is now used for storage.

“You did amazing!” He beamed and pulled me in for a hug.

“Thanks.  It felt good.” I said and pulled away.  His hands were still on my shoulders.  I noticed him studying my face.

“Where did you get that bruise?” He asked with concern in his face.  He then grazed my right cheek bone with the pad of his thumb.  The sensation sent chills down my spine.  I looked into his eyes and he was looking directly back at me.  I slightly leaned into the touch. I lowered my head.

“I was um fixing my guitar strings and well, one of my hands slipped and a peg hit me right on the cheek.  It’s not bad.  Doesn’t hurt.” I finish and run my hand over the bruise.  He lifts my head and looks at me.  I can tell he isn’t as convinced as Liam was but I could easily tell the lie to Liam.  There was something about Harry that gave me a hard time telling him anything but the truth.

“Are you sure that is what happened, Niall?”

“Yes.” I say trying to sound more convincing.  I can see that he still doesn’t believe me, but he allows me to have this one.

“I hope you are a good dancer” He jokes.  I groan.

“I’m a terrible dancer”  We both laugh.

“Well we aren’t checking for your dancing skills, just your stage presence and confidence.  So go out there and have fun.”

“I will.” I say and then look at my phone.  “I better go.  I have to call my parents and Jamie before we have to be back into the auditorium.”  His smile falters and he looks like he wants to say something.

“Um….Jamie looked really angry yesterday” he finally manages to say.  I don’t really know how to reply.  Maybe I can tell him a little bit.  Harry and I have this really good friendship that has developed and I feel a pull towards him that I can’t explain.  I think about my words before I use them.

“Yea.  He was a little upset.  He, I guess, gets a tad jealous when he sees me with other guys and we were sitting so close yesterday.  He was fine though after I gave him a hello kiss and hug.”