Sixteen. Two Can Play This Game

(A/N - Second a final update for the day.  Enjoy!!  xx )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am in the lobby by nine thirty and am joined by Liam and Zayn about ten minutes later.  Soon after, some of the other boys arrive.  We reintroduce ourselves to Ryan and John; who are roommates and Alex and Aaron; who are also roommates.  The only one left to join is Luke and it is now nine fifty.  The camera crew is already there and filming.  We will likely be followed by cameras this entire trip and I better get used to it because if I make it to live shows, I will basically have a camera in my face twenty four - seven.

“Where’s your roommate, Ni?” I shrug in response.  “He was in the shower when I left.” I replied.

At exactly ten the driver came in to get us from the lobby and at that same time Luke finally made his appearance.  We all got into the shuttle and it was a quiet ride to our location; likely because we were all too nervous to speak.

We pull up in front of this very tall residential building.  We are taken up to the penthouse and out on to its terrace.  The view is amazing and like nothing I have ever seen before.  Liam, Zayn and I walk over to the railing and look out over the New York skyline.  I bet it is really pretty at night.

We are all made to line up and are informed that our mentor will be out any minute.

The large French doors to the terrace open and I see Harry walking through them.  All of us start clapping as he is walking over to us; cameras capturing his entrance and our reactions. 

“Well, at least its eye candy for you, eh Ni!” Zayn whispers in my ear and begins to chuckle.  I roll my eyes and elbow him in the side.  He groans but we both laugh.  We all walk towards a lounge area of the terrace and sit.  There are two couches and few chairs.  Four boys to each couch and Harry across from us in one of the chairs.

“Welcome to New York” Harry says first and we all thank him.  He makes sure to look every one of us in the eyes but lingers his gaze a little longer on me. 

“I rewatched all of your first auditions and footage from the boot camp stages and I am really glad that I got the boys category.  You are all very talented singers.  I know I will have a very difficult decision to make tomorrow.  But you should all just do your best and try to have fun.  Loosen up a bit and don’t be so nervous.  Nerves really show in a performance and it might hurt your chances.”  We all nod in understanding.

“Ok, so I was told that four of you will be performing before lunch and then the remaining four after.  I have the order list and I guess I’ll read it now.”  He pulls a list from his back pocket, unfolds it and begins to call off the order.

“Alex Whittier……Luke Brighton……Zayn Malik…..and Ryan Chandler in that order before lunch and then after lunch it will be…..John Quimby….Niall Horan…..Liam Payne....and…last but not least, Aaron Shields.  Is everyone good with that?”  We all say yes.

“We will begin in about a half hour but first as you know I’ll have someone else here with me watching your performances.  He will be helping me and giving me his opinions on all of you.  So let’s welcome Ed Sheeran.”  Everyone stands and out walks Ed Sheeran like it’s no big deal.  I know Harry and Ed are really good friends but I didn’t expect to have to not only sing in front of Harry but also Ed freaking Sheeran.