Twenty-Two. Start Off With A Ballad

(A/N - So yea...I'm pretty much a happy chic right now! This story is #58 for FanFiction and has close to 23k reads all ready!  I owe it all to you, my darling readers!!  I hope you enjoy this chapter and the secret Narry time  ;)    xx  )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was brought to my meeting with Harry at nine this morning.  The meeting was taking place in a studio in down town London.  The building was quiet large and had a cool, laidback feeling and décor.  I followed security down a long hallway that had walls adorned with framed platinum records of various artists; Harry’s included.  I smiled at the thought of my boyfriend’s many accomplishments.  It still felt surreal to call Harry my boyfriend but I am getting more and more use to it as the days pass.

Paul opened the door at the end of the hall and I walk into a large room and immediately notice Harry’s back.  He is sitting at a large mixing and sound table, messing around with all of the knobs and tuners and such.  He hears us step into the room and turns his chair.  He smiles wide, showing off his, too cute for his own good, dimples.  I smile back.  Cameras are in the room so we can do no more than smile.

Paul exits the room but not before telling me that he will be waiting for me outside.  I nod and he closes the door.  Harry stands to greet me.

“Hey Niall.  Great to see you” He exclaims and pulls me in for a very quick hug; all of this being captured for the cameras.  I return the hug.

“Nice to see you too, Harry.”  We pull apart and he pulls out a chair for me to sit in.  I sit in the very comfortable studio chair and Harry takes his seat next to me.  He reaches under the table and pulls out a folder and sets it in my lap.  His fingers graze my thighs and I have to try my hardest not to moan at the contact that I was longing for and slightly received.  I see a smirk on his face.  He knew what he was doing.

“So” he began and opened the folder.  “These are the songs that have already been cleared for contestants to perform.  There are about two hundred and fifty number ones in there.  So plenty to choose from.  But if you have something else in mind that is not in this file please let me know and I can see about getting it approved.”

“Ok” I reply with a smile and begin to peruse the song lists.

“Do you know if you want to sing a ballad or an up tempo song?  Pop, Rock, R and B…Soul?” He asks and I look up to meet his gaze.  Trying not to lean in to meet his lips that are only a few feet away from me.  I sit back in the chair trying to put some more distance between us as the cameras continue to roll.

“I am actually thinking that I would like to start off with a ballad.” I said and looked to him for confirmation.  He simply nodded.  I skimmed my eyes over the songs and one stood out.  I smiled thinking about how amazing the song is and how I know I can sing it really well.  I looked up at Harry and he returned my smile.

“Find one, did ya?” He beamed.  I smiled, nodded and showed him.

“Well then let’s see how you sound on it” He fiddled around with the computer and in about five minutes I heard the music start.

“Get in the booth” He said and pointed behind the glass.  “Do you need the words or do you already know them?” 

“I know them” I replied and walked to where he was pointing.  I picked up the ear phones and put them on. 

“Sing the first verse and through the first chorus, yeah?”  I nodded and Harry pushed a couple buttons and I began to hear the music in my ears.  I closed my eyes and smiled and waited for my cue.