Twenty-One. James Landon Cromwell

(A/N - Not much to say about this chapter really.  Somewhat of a filler but every story has them!!  Enjoy!!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the sixth of October I am back in London.  All of the contestants have moved into a very large, very posh mansion on the outskirts of the city.  The reunion between us all was a happy one but I think we were all secretly sizing up our competition.

All four of us boys are sharing a room.  There are two sets of bunk beds, four dressers and two large walk in closets in the room.  There is also an attached bath, which is nice.  I am on the bottom bunk while Ryan is at the top.  Liam took the top to the other bunk and Zayn the bottom; he wasn’t too keen on sleeping up that high.

The bruises on my face are still visible but have faded significantly and can be covered by makeup for the live shows.  The stitches above my right eye were dissolvable and began to fall out yesterday.  There is still two remaining and the cut is still red, but healing.  Liam and Zayn know what happened but I told everyone else who asked that I was in a car accident.  That would continue to be my story.  No one else needed to know the truth. 

Zayn of course feels really bad.  It was him kissing me on the cheek that started the whole thing.  He was so apologetic to me after I told him and Liam the story of what happened.  I assured him that Jamie was hitting me long before that night and it would have happened like that when I broke up with him anyway.  I think I took away some of his guilt but I could still see there was some residual guilt remaining and it would likely take a few days or weeks for him to fully get over the blame he was placing on himself. 

The first episode of Judges’ Houses was last night and the final episode will be tonight.  We all had to be in London so that tomorrow, Monday, when the public knows who made it through, we will have a press conference.  All of us are watching the broadcast tonight; looking forward to reliving the amazing day when we all made it through to the live shows.

The Wednesday after the incident with Jamie, I had to change my number.  Jamie was non-stop calling and texting me.  I would never answer his calls but would listen to all of the voicemails.  Some angry and some very sweet and loving.  All with the message of wanting me back.  The texts were no different.  I told my parents and we immediately changed my number.

Harry and I have been talking and texting every day since he left my home; the day we made it official.  I still have a hard time believing that Harry and I are dating.  Dreams do come true, I guess.  I am so happy to know that Harry is my boyfriend but sad at the same time.  We both know that we can’t show any type of affection towards each other and that will be hard.  I know what it’s like to kiss and hold him and that is all I want to do every time I see him, so seeing him tomorrow for the first time in over a week and not being able to properly greet my boyfriend will be difficult.

Something that I am not looking forward to is having to talk to the show producers about Jamie.  I was informed by the police at home that I have to have a meeting with the London officials regarding the restraining order.  I have that meeting tomorrow evening at six.  The police are aware of my special circumstances and have been gracious enough to work around my X-Factor schedule. 

I will have to have one of the show’s producers and a member of security accompany me so that they will be aware of the situation and what protocol to follow if Jamie comes within five hundred feet of me.  I will need to talk to them first thing tomorrow.  We are all meeting at Wembley for our first practice of the group song all of the contestants will be singing on Sunday night, the first of the live results shows.   That will last all day and then the press conference is from four to five.   Maybe I can talk to Harry tomorrow morning about all of this.  Maybe he can help me tell the producers.  I just hope that this situation won’t put my position on the show in jeopardy.