Twenty-Five. Golden Boys

(A/N - So...I really don't have much to say....um...oh...I was thinking about posting another chapter of 'Back Then' just because I love an appreciate you all so much!! What do you all think?? Enjoy the video of the boys being amazing!  Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter, Lovelies!!  xx  )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

People are beginning to say that I am a crowd favorite.  I don’t see how though.   Everyone is getting the same amount of attention.  Everyone pretty much gets the same amount of fan mail.  But there is some tension in the house this morning.  It was a difficult elimination last night.  That was the last night of a double elimination.  Next Sunday there will be only one person going home.

T.J. Sullen, a guy in the over twenty eights group and a girl from Simon’s group were sent home.  The reason there is some tension is because one, Harry still has all four of us guys remaining and two, the girl sent home, Celia Rae, started dating Chris, a guy in a trio called CBK.  It stands for Chris, Brad and Kurt.  Clever, right?  Dripping with sarcasm, that was.  So now Chris is saying that I should have been the one to be sent home. 

I do have to admit that my performance was lacking a bit on Saturday night.  I knew it, the judges commented on it and I wasn’t at all happy with it.  Celia did do pretty well and some were shocked when she was sent home.  I know I was.  But I still don’t feel they should be taking it out on me.  I obviously had more people vote for me than her, but certainly I can’t be blamed for that.

It was Monday afternoon and we were at Wembley for rehearsals.  We were given an hour break for lunch before we were to meet with our mentors to choose a song for this week.  Ryan, Liam, Zayn and I all got our food and sat down at a table.  We were deep in our own conversation when we heard people sit down next to us.

“Well, if it isn’t the golden boys, Niall in particular.” Chris said.  I had pretty much had enough at that point.

“Listen, Chris.  I am really sorry that Celia left.  I know you two started dating and I am sure her leaving was harder on you than anyone one else but it really isn’t my fault so I don’t know why you are putting the blame on me.  The public voted me to stay.  I know I didn’t do my best, but again, the viewers are the ones who kept me here and sent her home.  I’m really sorry.”  I saw out of the corner of my eye Harry and Lou were listening in.  They were far enough away for Chris not really to take notice of them, but with Harry being my boyfriend, I am always aware of his location.  Chris continued.

“You did do badly on Saturday.  You did worse than most of us.  You are using your gayness to gain votes.  Talking about how you are honest with yourself and open about you being gay.  You obviously get all the gay votes in the UK.”

“That’s enough Chris.  You are being quite ridiculous.” Zayn butted in.

I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath and cut Chris off as he opened his mouth to speak again.

“You really are being ridiculous.  I am not using the fact that I am gay to gain more votes.  I am just being myself and I was asked questions about my being gay and I answer everything truthfully.  I am really sorry your girlfriend got sent home, she was a really great girl and a beautiful performer, but again, there is no need to hate on me because of it.  It was not my doing.  Now would you kindly leave us golden boys to finish our lunch?” I stated firmly and he gets up and storms off, his band mates following close behind.  The boys begin to laugh quietly and Zayn, who is sitting next to me, pats my shoulder.

“Good one, Ni” He says.  I smile and take a bite of my food.  I feel a tapping on my shoulder minutes later.

“Niall, could I speak with you in private please?” It was Harry, looking down at me.  I nod and then look back to the boys and give them a fake look like I think I might be in trouble.  They smirk and bring their attention back to their food.  I stand up and follow Harry out of the lunch room and down a long hallway.  We are in front of ‘our room’ a minute later.  We walk inside.