Seven. Look At The Damage

(A/N - So I'll be posting chapters seven and eight tonight and then chapters nine and ten tomorrow before I go on my vacation.  Enjoy chapter 7, lovelies.  Chapter 8 will be up in a few minutes!!  xx  )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are a few hundred people in the seats when we arrive.  The four of us walk to some empty seats and sit in a row.  I am feeling nervous and excited all at once.  We are located in the middle section about eight rows from the front.

Zayn grabs my hand. My eyes go wide for a second.  I feel like I am doing something wrong.  I look at him and he smiles.  “I am so nervous” he says.  I smile in return and squeeze his hand.  It’s just a friendly interaction, why am I so worried about a friend touching my hand or hugging me?  Jamie, that’s why.

After a few minutes I see the judges make their way across the stage.  Everyone cheers and claps.  After a few minutes, Simon holds his arms out and with his hands, motions us all to be silent.  It doesn’t take long for the room to go quiet.  Simon has that effect on people.  I look at Harry.  He is scanning the crowd, probably looking at all of the people in here.  There are a lot of us.  He then makes contact with my eyes and smiles.  My smile widens and he winks.  I blush and look at my lap.

“Did Harry Styles just wink in this direction….like…at you?” Liam whispers.

“No…not at me. “ I reply.  “You know that he winks at people all the time.  Maybe someone around us waved to him or something.” I said trying to get Liam’s mind off Harry winking in my direction.  Simon begins to speak.

“So this is how it will go.  Tonight you will all be put in your respective categories.  The boys, the girls, the groups and the over twenty-fives.  Each group will get a list of five songs.  Of those five songs you will have to choose one to learn and sing in front of the judges tomorrow.  You will have the evening and until tomorrow afternoon to perfect your song.  We will then cut the groups in half.  Half of you will be leaving tomorrow.”  He says it like without a care in the world.  I gulp at the thought of having to leave.  He continues.

“Like in the previous years, we would also like to see your stage presence.  So we have a choreographer here that will teach you a simple dance tomorrow after we have made our first cut.  The remaining people will dance later on tomorrow evening.  You need to show confidence.  We don’t care if you can’t dance.  You just need to show us that you are willing to try.  On Thursday is when we will make our final decisions as to who will go to judges’ houses.  There will be eight from each group who will be selected.  From there, each judge will choose four to take to the live shows.  Any questions?”

Everyone looks around to see if anyone is brave enough to ask Simon a question.  A girl a few rows away from me timidly raises her hand.  “When will we find out who the judge is for each category?”  Good question, I thought.  They have done it in the past where you find out during boot camp and then sometimes you don’t find out until the judge comes out of the house.  Everyone waits for his reply.

“We are doing it like last year.  You will not find out until you get to judges’ houses.  Is that all with the questions?” He adds and scans his eyes over the contestants.  No one else raised their hands.  Simon nodded.