DLDB:2

~Edited~

~Edited~

"Ms.Pines, I couldn't have help but to notice the fact that your grades seem to be below average. Plus I have been getting a few complaints from your teachers. Your random outbursts will not be tolerated here, Ms.Pines. I've meet your father Kinsley, and I doubt he would appreciate this behavior of yours." The principle stated.

 "Kinsley?"

"Kinsley, are you even listening?"

I gave him a blank look as I slouched in my chair. I blinked looking at him dead in the eyes with a bored and emotionless expression. He can't be serious. He just can't.

"Ms.Pines, I understand your going through a...hard time with your mother-" 

"Don't." I simply spoke, warning him not to go there. 

He sighed and leaned back in his chair. His dark office only had the little beams of sunshine coming through the blinds. I shifted in my seat growing impatient. Mr. Jenkin's office is filled with creepy old animal fur and Moose horns covering the walls. Let's just say Mr.Jenkins is a proud Canadian man. 

"You know what Ms. Pines, at least once a week you are in my office and I have finally come up with a solution for not only your behavioral issues but your academic issues as well. So I have a proposal."

"God no!" I exclaimed 

"Before you get all defensive Ms. Pines, this could be an advantage not only to you, but your tutor as well." 

My what now? "Huh?"

"Ms. Pines, I am assigning you a tutor and no, it isn't optional. If you don't agree to do this Ms. Pines not only will you be making a poor decision but your stubborn actions will affect your grades. Let's just say, Ms. Pines, that your tutor needs a little exposure to other people and socializing. I think you could help him with that."

"What do you mean? I don't even have friends! Half of this school hates me!" I exclaim.

"No, Ms. Pines, our students adore you, the teachers on the other hand...not so much." He honestly stated. His hands clasp together on to his table.

It was true though, the teachers didn't seem to be fond of me. Maybe it's because I make their job two times harder than it actually should be. 

"On the other hand, Ms.Pines, you're a very...outspoken person and I think that your company could really help your tutor and he could really help you. He's very smart. Actually, he's at the top of all his classes." I put my legs into his, not so comfy, stiff chair as he spoke.

He? My tutor is a "He"? Why does he keep talking about this tutor? Who the hell is this guy?

"He? Wait lets back track. Who is this guy? Is it Brad Tucker? He's pretty smart. Matter of fact he did my homework last year. He got a few questions wrong, which is great, because well we all know I'm not that smart-" I stopped my self from speaking as I noticed Mr. Jenkins's change in expression. He cleared his throat which signaled to me to modify the direction the conversation was heading.

"Luckily, Ms.Pines, it isn't Mr.Tucker."

"Then who is it?" 

"I'm pretty sure you know him. Jasper Ralston."

Jasper Ralston? Had my ears been playing tricks on me? "I'm sorry come again?" 

"Jasper Ralston." 

Wait, I'm sorry. This still isn't settling right. "HE'S DEAF!" I loudly shouted.

 Mr.Jenkins closed his eyes at the sound of me hollering and began rubbing his temples. "Yes, he is deaf Ms.Pines, and I am not so please refrain your self from shouting." 

"Fine."

"Ms.Pines, I know he is deaf, but that doesn't mean he is incapable of tutoring you. His grades are phenomenal. Truly outstanding, and I think he can help you a lot and you can help him as well." 

"Okay listen, Greg, I'm not sure we're on the same page, but as I said before...he's deaf. Therefore, how the hell am I going to learn anything from him? He can't hear me talk and I highly doubt he speaks. How are we suppose to communicate?" I said, calling him be his first name. 

This is getting beyond ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I think Jasper is very smart. I just don't believe that this is such a good idea. 

"He does communicate, Ms.Pines, just not with his voice. He can read, he can write, and he knows sign language. If I'm not mistaken, Ms.Pines, I do recall you taking sign language during freshmen year." 

I huffed in my seat. He got me there. At my school we had an option of language classes to take. I chose sign language because it didn't evolve me actual speaking. Too bad I failed at it miserably. The only thing I really know how to say is "Hi, my name is Kinsely." Everything else just seemed so complicated.

"Well, if I'm not mistaken, I recall that was yet another class that I managed to fail."

"You know what Ms.Pines, you're making it more complicated than it should be. Like I said before, it isn't optional. Not only will this help you, but it well help him. He needs exposure to other people so don't just think about yourself. He's been at this school for years and all these people still look at him as if he is some kind of weirdo just because of his disability. I would expect you of all people to understand and to care. So figure it out. I don't care how you communicate just do it. If I find out other wise, Ms.Pines, I'll make sure to place you in Saturday school for the rest of school year. It's either Mr.Ralston or spending your Saturday's with Ms.Easton." 

Damn it! 

Damn it!

Damn it!

"NOT MS.EASTON! YOU KNOW MY SATURDAYS ARE RESERVED FOR DANCE! YOU CAN'T DO THAT!" I pleaded.

"Oh yes I can, and I'm pretty sure your father would have no problem approving. It's your choice Ms.Pines either-"

"Fine." I grumbled.

His face lightens up as a smirk spreads across his face. "I sure am pleased to hear that, Ms.Pines. I'll make sure to inform Mr.Ralston about this. You've made a good choice, Ms.Pines."

"Can I go now? Lunch started like 2 minutes ago and even though the food sucks, I would rather drink spoiled milk and get carrot sticks than sit in here. It gives me the creeps. Makes me even consider going vegan..." I trailed off, thinking it over. "Never mind, I just remembered how much I hate vegetables." 

"You're dismissed now, Ms.Pines." I jumped out of my seat in a flash. My hands swung open the door.

"FREEDO-"

"Before you go, Ms.Pines," He interrupts. What does he want now? "remember, be kind to Mr.Ralston. You can come off as a little overbearing." I smiled at his words. 

"What ever do you mean? I'm a sweetheart Mr.J. The world is just to sensitive." I said before giving a soft wink then exiting.

" I said before giving a soft wink then exiting