Percy Jackson || Endlessly

There's a shop down the street where they sell plastic rings for a quarter a piece, I swear it. Yeah, I know that it's cheap, not like gold in your dreams, but I hope that you'll still wear it.

Many girls dream of a pure gold engagement ring with diamonds, but not you. He proposed with a dinosaur ring.

•••••

"You okay?" you asked your boyfriend Percy as he nervously fidgeted.

He glanced around the secluded area on the cliff side. "Yeah I'm fine. I'm just nervous I guess."

"Nervous? About what?"

He shook his head. "Erm, it's nothing." He scratched his nose.

"Liar," you said with a smirk.

"What?"

"You scratched your nose. You only do that when you're lying. What's up?"

He looked down. "There's something I've been wanting to do for a while now, and I think I'm ready for it."

"Oh yeah? And what's that?"

"This." He got down on one knee and pulled out a ring box.

You gasped. "Percy?"

He opened it to reveal a green, plastic dinosaur ring. "I know I know it's not extravagant or fancy and that it's a dinosaur, but i calculated how long it would take me to make enough money to buy you a good engagement and wedding ring and that would be at least twenty years and I didn't really want to wait that long. On the bright side, if you say yes I'll buy you the prettiest wedding ring ever." He laughed lightly. "So, (y/n) (l/n), I kneel here before you as a demigod in love, proposing to you with a dinosaur ring, and asking you the most important question I've ever asked anyone." He took a deep breath. "Will you marry me?"

Yeah, the ink may stain my skin and my jeans may all be ripped. I'm not perfect, but I swear I'm perfect for you.

Tears streamed down your face as you cried. "Yes! Yes yes yes!"

He stood up happily and lifted you up spinning you around mid-air. He set you down and hugged you tightly. "Thank you (y/n). You've made me the happiest man on earth."

"And you've made me the happiest woman." You slipped the dinosaur ring onto your finger.

And there's no guarantee that this will be easy. It's not a miracle ya need, believe me. Yeah, I'm no angel, I'm just me, but I will love you endlessly. Wings aren't what you need, you need me.

Annabeth shrieked when she saw you and Percy coming back down from the cliff, the ring on your hand. "No way!" She yelled as she ran toward you pulling you into a hug. "He proposed?!"

You laughed as you hugged her back. "Yes he did. Look." You showed her the ring.

She looked at it and a smile lit up her face. "No way. I didn't think he was serious when he said he'd propose with a dinosaur ring."

Percy laughed lightly and rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah. It's the best I could do."

You and Annabeth eyed him.