Nico di Angelo || Ti Amo

"Nico!" you called flopping down onto his couch.

He glanced up from a magazine. "What?" 

"Can you do me a favor?" you whined.

"Sure," he said putting his magazine down.

"Can you teach me some insults in Italian?"

He smiled. "Why would you want me to do that?"

You pouted. "Because I've run out of insults. And when we're bickering you always say stuff in Italian and I don't have any good come backs."

A devious grin swept across his face. "Alright. I will teach you the worst insult I know." He glanced from side to side and whispered, "Ti amo."

"Ti amo?" you repeated, feeling the Italian roll off your tongue.

He nodded. "It's the worst insult ever so you should only use it when absolutely necessary."

You nodded, pleased that he had taught you it. "Thank you!"

He nodded.

Three days later you and Nico were having one of your usual arguments.

He narrowed his eyes at you and whispered, "Ti amo."

You glared. "Two can play at that game! Ti amo!"

His eyes flashed, but not with anger. A split second of pure joy crossed his face before it was replaced by his normal, hard shell. "Good." He turned away and started walking casually.

You frowned puzzled. "I just insulted you. Why aren't you mad?"

He smirked at you over his shoulder but kept walking.

You went red in the face and groaned in frustration. You stormed back to your cabin and sat down on your bunk.

Your sister glanced at you. "What's got you in a bad mood?"

You sighed. "It's Nico. He's just being-- Nico."

She raise an eyebrow. "What did he do now?"

"He's just starting fights with me and he won't fight me back when I start. And he keeps using this insult and ugh."

"What's the insult?"

You frowned. "I don't know what it is in English, but in Italian, it's 'ti amo.'"

She frowned. "Ti amo isn't an insult."

"How would you know?"

"I took Italian for three years."

"True. Well if it isn't an insult, what does it mean?"

She laughs. "I'm not gonna tell you. Figure it out on your own."

You puffed out your cheeks in frustration as she left the room, but her words got you to thinking. What did ti amo really mean?

You made it your mission over the next couple days to answer that question. You asked friends, read books, and even asked Chiron to use the Internet to look it up, but no one answered your question.

Finally you sulked back to your sister. "Please please please tell me what ti amo means."

She looked up from her book. "You seriously don't know?"

You shook your head. "No."

She sighed and crossed her arms. "It means 'I love you'."

You're face reddened.

"Gods (y/n), you can be so oblivious some times." She resumed her book which was a clear sign that the conversation was over.

You stood there dumbstruck for a couple minutes before walking out to go hunt down a certain Ghost King.

Nico sat in his cabin polishing his sword when you stomped in. He paled as he looked at you.

You marched over to him and hugged him. "Ti amo," you said with a smile.

He froze for a couple seconds before hugging you back. "Ti amo."

***
Oh that was rubbish. 😖 And I suck as an author. I meant to update so long ago but I couldn't and ugh.

And worst was I couldn't get inspiration for this so I just kinda wrote it. I'm so so so sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry.

So I hope you enjoyed Ti Amo and if you did please vote and comment and I'll see you in the next part.

BYE