Chapter 6

The rest of that school week went pretty fast

The day after Liam and Abby told me about the party I quickly asked them If I would be able to go. They were a little hesitant at first but realized that I needed to make more friends and said I could go. They said there must be an adult there, there'll be an adult there, right?

I look through my closet and try to find something to wear. Everything I own is too classy because of my parents' need for me to be perfect to fit in their perfect world.

I'm never good at this, I'm do terrible at finding things to wear to fit in. I figured I'd text Abby and see if she could come over and help me.

She replied saying she'd be over in ten minutes but harry would have to come too because he's her ride. This should be interesting.

---

Just about ten minutes later I hear a knock at my door and see Abby standing in the doorway. She looks beautiful, she's wearing a right red dress with black flats. Her smokey-eye eyeshadow makes her golden brown eyes pop and her hair is straitened and reached to the small of her back.

"Hello" i smile at her and wave for her to come inside of my Bedroom.

She comes up to me and gives me a hug. "Hey, gorgeous." She she pulls away and smiles back. I wouldn't consider myself 'gorgeous', the only people who's ever called me pretty or anything were members of my family.

"Where's Harry?" I ask.

"In the car, he says we have twenty minutes or he's leaving without us, what do you need help with?" She crosses her arms over her chest and waits for my reply

"I don't know what to wear" I whine and look over at my closet.

"Are you kidding? Your closet is the size of my bedroom and you're saying you have nothing to wear?"

"Well, I don't know what to wear to this party." I tell her.

She sighs and walks over to my closet and pulls out a mint green colored summer dress. It has a triangle shaped opening in the back and it's strapless. She then pulls out white flats. Placing them both on the bed and looking back at me.

"There." She giggles. I laugh back at her.

"Wow. You're good at this." I compliment.

"What can I say? I'm a fashionista!" She hops on her tippy toes and gives me the biggest smile.

"I'll do your makeup." She adds.

"Oh, thanks but I don't wear makeup." I tell her.

"Oh okay, well you can get dressed. I'll meet you outside." I nod and she walks out the door, shutting it behind her.

I put of the beautiful dress that I've never worn I got it at the mall about a year ago, I don't wear it because my mother always tells me It's too provocative. My mother and father are working right now, as usual. They said they'll be gone all weekend for a business trip; I never like staying home alone.

After I finish putting on my clothing and my flats, I look in the mirror to check to see if I look presentable. My hair is curled perfectly and I tuck a loose strand behind my ear.

Adding only Chapstick to my lips and smiling at myself in the mirror before walking out the door to meet Abby back outside.

When I open the door Abby turn around once she heard the door close shut. Her mouth drops to the floor and her eyes sparkle.

"Holy shit!" She gasps.

I panic and begin to touch my face and then my dress.

"D-do I look okay? Should I go change?" I turn around to start to pace back towards the front door.