Chapter 84

Songs for the chapter:

White horse- Taylor Swift

Breakeven- The Script

Beth's POV

My tears make my vision blurry as I drive on the main road away from our...Harry's apartment building. I wipe my eyes continuously only to be wiping them nearly five seconds later. I give up on trying to stop crying and trying to wipe away the tears and just let them fall freely on their own.

I don't know what hurts more. The fact that I given myself to someone who thought of me as a joke all of this time ; or that the person who I thought was taking all of my pain and suffering away was the one causing it.

Or maybe what hurts the most is that I wish I didn't even know about this. Wishing that I could still trust him with everything that I have and to have him be holding me right now other than sitting alone in that apartment.

I'm the stupid one, really though. I knew harry hated me for some reason when we first met. He really did, he called me names and he had to have some type of say in everything that I did. How could I believe that someone so cruel can change to be the nice person I thought he was? I'm so gullible, I'm so naive beyond the point anyone can ever be.

My phone rings on the floor on the passenger seat. I don't even remember throwing it when I got into the car but I guess I did. I'm almost surprised to see that Harry's name isn't across the brightly lit screen. I pull over on the side of the road, leaving my car running as I reach over the counsel to retrieve my phone.

I can't even speak when I ring the phone to my ear. My mouth opens but then closes, the loud pounding of the rain sending more noise around me.

"Bethany." Abby's voice sound distraught and soft.

I still don't speak as I rest my head on the back of the seat and intake a huge amount of air. The feeling feels almost foreign, like I haven't actually took a deep breath in a while.

"Where are you?" She asks. Her voice sounding almost mute against the loud sound from the rain hitting against my car.

"Somewhere on Trent street," I continue to say, my voice cracking mid sentence. I look around but all I see are mist, fog and drops of rain.

"it's six thirty in the morning." She tells me. I didn't realize how early it was. "Why are you driving?"

I don't answer her. I turn my car off and lean more into the seat just wanting to crawl up and go to sleep right here.

"Don't leave, I'm coming to get you." I mumble into the phone and close my eyes. The phone call ends when the other end goes silent. I toss my phone to the passenger seat.

Minutes later of still sitting in the car and hearing the rain smash against the good of my car I see not a car, by a person running up the street towards mine. My car door opens and Abby's hair is soaking wet along with her clothes. She waves her hand and gestures me to move to the passenger seat while she drives.

"Are you crazy?" I gasp at her. "Why did you run here?"

"I live right around the corner. Plus, I'm not having you drive when you're crying like this." She has a point. My vision was already going blurry when I was driving on the road.

It's quiet for a moment. Just my quiet sniffles here and there and the sound of Abby taking a huge intake of breath.

"I'm bringing you to my house." She tells me.

"I can just go home,"

"Really? Do you seriously want your mom begging you to tell her everything that has happened?"