Chapter 30

(Hey guys! So I've reached the limit of comments and votes so here's the long update! And when I say it's long.. I mean it's LONGGGGGGG haha so enjoy :)

Also, I know the story seems to be moving really slow but there's so much stuff that'll be happening in the future so just wait patiently :)

*
Bethany's POV

My mind races with thoughts a I drive back home. I'm so confused. A part of me is saying that I shouldn't process any feelings towards him but my body seems to pull me towards him Every time he's within five feet of me.

But there's still so many answers that I need to be solved. The way he acts when is say something wrong; the look he gives as if he uncomfortable, upset or angry. Most of the time it's scary to see how his body tenses and his eyes darken. But when the sad look spreads across his face I want to ask him if something is wrong.
I feel bad for leaving his apartment during the middle of the night, I was stupid for that and I know that. Nothing seems right.

I have to try to keep a little distance. To not give him any clue that I'm interested in him. It'll ruin my relationship with my parents, and my best friends who doesn't seem to Happy when she gave me a lecture in the bathroom. Not to mention Tiffy, she'll show the whole school that picture. That picture looks as if I asked for it, looks as though I wasn't crying at all. I still wonder who even took it.

I squint my eyes shut and then back open quickly to try to get the white visions that keep appearing in front of me. I get a sharp pain through my head at I pull into the driveway of my home. I stop the car short and shut off the engine quickly. My ears are ringing and my vision is mostly all white spots everywhere. What is happening? I rub my eyes quickly and take a sip of water that has been sitting on the passenger seat. I open my eyes after a couple of seconds and my vision is back clearly and my head feels fine. That was scary.

I walk up the front steps and I'm nervous to go behind this door to face me mother. I'm most certainly not in the mood to argue with her, I feel bad that I have been and how my behavior had been lately, it's not fair to her.

I open the door slowly and slip off my shoes and place them on the rug next to the door. The house seems quiet. I walk down the long hallway and look to the right in the family room. There she is, lying on the couch with the television on. Her eye are closed and the rests her head on the small square pillow at the corner. I walk over to the coffee table to grab the remote and shut the television off and grab the throw over blanket above the couch and place it gently over her body. I go to walk away and I hear her shift her body. "Bethany." I hear her call and I turn back around.

"Hm?." I respond and she sits up straight and waves her hand and signals me to sit on the couch opposite of her. I grab the red pillow and sit it on my lap and wait for her to talk.

"Who do you want to be?" She surprisingly asks. I remember the last words I said to her before I left the house.

'You want me to be someone I'm not.' Replays in my head.

I think for a moment. I'm not sure how to answer her question.
"I'm still trying to figure that out." I look at her and she removes the blanket from her body and comes over to the sofa I'm sitting on and takes the seat next to me.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't be so hard on you. You're a teenager. Hell, you'll officially be an adult tomorrow." She remind me of my my birthday tomorrow. She wipes a tear that has fallen from her left eye. "I just don't want you to grow up so quick, you have your whole life ahead of you. Don't ruin it by going to parties and coming home late,"

"Mom, I'm sorry about that. To be honest, that's not me at all. I don't want to be that type of girl. I'm trying my best to fit in here and that seems to be the reason how." I admit and grab her hand. "Just please, let me live my life. I'm going to make mistakes, but I'm also going to learn from them." She squeezes my hand gently and I smile at her and she reruns a weak one. "And I may be turning eighteen tomorrow but I'll always be your little girl." She tugs me towards her for a hug and she sniffles in my shoulder. She pulls back a couple seconds later stands up and holds out her hand. I give her a questioning look but take her hand and she leads me out of the family room and into the kitchen.

"Any ideas for dinner?" She looks through the cabinet and shifts boxes around. "I should just hire a maid!"

"We do not need a maid." I laugh and sit on the stool. She puts her hands on her hips.

"I hate cooking." She rubs her shoulders and groans.

"Ya know, we could always..order out?" I say slowly and see if she'll agree.

Her eyebrows raise and she sighs.
"Fine." She surprisingly says. "But not pizza!" She scolds a finger towards me and my smile fades. Well there's always chinese.

"I'll get the Chinese menu"she says and seems to have read my mind as she goes into the cabinet and grabs the small pamphlet and she scans through the lists.

After about an hour my mom and I have finished our food. The conversation during our meal was just about her apologizing even more than she had too. I know sometimes we have our disagreements but she's the woman who has made me who I am; well, like my manners. I can't even process into words how thankful I am for her. She starts to tear up when she mentions my birthday tomorrow. She says there's only one thing that she's scared of; losing me. It hurts to know that she thinks I'm going to leave her. I'm not going anywhere.

After brushing my teeth and taking my nightly shower I slip under the covers and check my phone for any messages. I missed a voicemail from a number that I don't know of. When I listen, it's just someone talking in that robot voice about a survey, I hate getting those things. I also missed a text from Abby saying that she needs to talk to me and that she'll do it tomorrow since it's late. I plug my phone into the charger before pulling the silky bed spread over the top of u face to go to sleep.

---

I'm woken up at three in the morning. My back is sweaty, little strand of hair stick to my face and my cheek feels as though the stinging is still there. Just another night or a nightmare. I wish that night was just a nightmare.

I turn the little purple light on the side on my nightstand on and lay my head back down on my pillow to try to catch my breath. I just lay there in the silence for hours. I look up at the ceiling and just think.

I'm eighteen. I've lived eighteen years and now that I think of it, I feel old.

I think about what I'll be doing today. I'll probably just go out to dinner with my mom. This year will be different. It's usually us as a family, my mom, dad and I. I remember last year we went to this fancy restaurant that was too old fashioned for my liking, but it was wonderful and I had a great time. I remember my father requesting the jazz band to sing happy birthday, I was fully embarrassed and my face was probably as red as a tomato. I'm going to miss that; the family gatherings, the movie nights..everything. That's all over now.

It's now seven in the morning and I haven't closed my eyes once. I fought myself to keep my eyes open. Every night when I have those nightmares, I'm terrified to go back to sleep. I'm scared that it'll just play again where it was paused.

I decide to grab my phone and check all of the Facebook wall posts that I've recieved. I like the posts and reply a 'thank you :)' to every who sent me their best wishes for my birthday. Next, I check my texts.

'5 unread messages'

Two of them being from family members and the other three being from Abby, Liam and, Harry? He remembered.

I open the message and it simply reads. 'Happy Birthday!! x(:' something about the little 'x' and the smiley face makes my stomach flutter. I reply with a thank you and notice that he sent me that message at exactly midnight.
I can't help but imagine him getting ready to send the text as soon as he sees midnight strike. I smile and it fades when I hear a knock at my door.

My mom walks in slowly with a huge grin on her face. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE!" She squeaks and paces over to my bed and hugs me. She always makes birthdays a big deal.

I hug her back for a few seconds before pulling away and sitting up straight against the head board of my bed. "Thank you mom." I say and pull a smile. I bet I look tired and I'm trying to sound the most energetic as I can.

"You alright?," she asks and puts a hand on my shoulder. I guess I'm not doing much of a good job trying to hide my sleepiness. "You look a bit pale." She rests the back of her palm on my cheek.

"I'm fine." I smile more widely and "I'm not sick" I laugh and pull her hand away from my face gently.

"Come downstairs. Gotta have your birthday breakfast!" She says and hops off of my bed and heads out of my room.

My phone lights up as I lift myself off of my bed. It my dad.

"Hello?"

"Happy birthday!!!" He yells through the phone and I pull it away from my ear slightly. The yelling send ringing through my ears.

"Wow-" I laugh. "Thanks dad."

"Eighteen, huh. Feeling old?" He jokes and laughs.

"A little bit." I joke back.

"Hey listen, I'm picking you up at two. I'm gunna take you to this nice lunch buffet, classic!" I can almost hear him smile widely.

"Sounds great. I'll see you then!" I tell him and smile. It's nice that I'll be spending a little time with him on my birthday.

I go to brush my teeth and take my hair out of its messy bun on top of my head. Since it was wet last night from my shower it's a little bit more wavy then usual and it looks nice. I go downstairs and the table is set nicely with a plate of food.

Pancakes, eggs, Bacon and sausage covers the entire floral print glass plate. "Wow" I gasp and it's humiliating how in love with food I am. "Aw mom thank you so much!" I give her a hug and take a seat on the stool.

"You're welcome, hunny. Now hurry up, you have to get dressed and get ready to go out with your father." She says and takes a sip out of her usual brown mug.

"He told you?"

"Of course. He called me Last night I just forgot to tell you." She says and shrugs it off. I from my mouth into an oh formation.

"Are you..are you guys okay?" My hope rises and her eyebrows raise.

"I don't like holding grudes. I do not forgive him, but I will never forget what we had." Her words make me smile a little even though I know that there's no Chance of them getting back together.

--

*
Harry's POV

"Can you hurry the fuck up?" I yell at Abby through the changing rooms.

"Don't rush me! I have to look good." She yells back and I groan and take a seat on the bean chair outside the door she's changing in.

I swear it feels like she's been in there for ages. I wouldn't even be here if it weren't for my mum practically begging me to take her to the mall.

I look to my right and two girls are looking at me. One has long dark brown hair with the short red dress where the other one looks a little younger with her hair being in small pigtail braids hanging across her shoulder.

They walk past me and the brunette purposely drops a t shirt she was holding onto the black marble floor. She bends down, obviously trying to make me look at her ass. "Oops" she giggles smiles at me and I shake my head and look away, not phased at all from her sluttiness. I have to admit, she was hot. But not nearly as hot as..

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when Abby opens the squeaky door of the dressing room. She looks in the mirror and smooths out the little black dress. "How's this?" She asks.

"I don't give a shit, can we go now?" I stand up and she puts her hand on the sparkled part of the dress.

"Maybe you should get something, ya know, other than the same damn black jeans you where all of the time." She tries to offend me but it isn't working. "What about this." She goes over and takes a dark blue dress shirt off of the rack on the wall.

"Fuck no." I scrunch my face is disgusts.

"You have to look nice, you can't go wearing that." She waves her hand up and down, gesturing to my choice of clothing.

"Watch me." I say and turn around.

I hear her black heals clicking against the hardwood floor of the store and it's annoying the shit out of me.

'$250' the total reads. My annoyance rises and I swear that if you look up the word 'princess' in the dictionary, her face with e fucking there.

"Daddy's treat." She smiles at me. Clearly annoying me again.

"You're pathetic." I say and she huffs and gives the man her credit card. I turn my back towards the entrance and notice a store that catches my eye on the other side of the mall.

"Wait for me outside that store over there." I point over to the store.

"I'll just come-"

"No, I'll be right back." I leave the store without her and go across the way to reach the other side. It looks like some type of store for witches or something.

I scan around the store just for curiousity. A rack catches my eye. It's filled with all different kinds and colors of these weird type chain bracelets with a charm on it. I look up and the big ass sign above it reads 'Goliath's discovery for the innocence'

I hear someone clear their throat behind me. I turn around and an old woman is looking at me as if I'm going to rob the shitty store.
"May I help you?."

Just as I was about to turn down her offer I ask her. "Uh yeah, what the fuck does that mean?" I point to the sign and her face drops. She's clearly not impressed with my language and I could give two fucks.

"The legend of the Goliath.." She begins. No shit. "These bracelets symbolize something special. To give to someone who is caring and thoughtful. Each charm and color symbolizes something different." Her voice is raspy and disturbing.

"Well, what does this one mean?" I point to the purple colored chain one with the gold heart charm on it. I black stone shaped as a heart is in the center.

She smiles. "Who is it for?" She asks. What?

"Why does that matter?" Why does she give a shit who it's for.

"It's a girl. I can see it in your eyes." She moves closer and I back away. What the fuck? "Get that one." She points to the one I'm holding and goes to walk away. She didn't even answer my fucking question. I choose to let it go and take the bracelet off of its rack. It's heavy and the black stone sparkles as it dangles and reflects off the light.

I go over to the counter and pay for the bracelet. She rings it up and I pay with the fifty dollar bill. She goes to give me a penny back and I place it onto the little tray. Why the fuck would I want a penny?
The old woman stares at me as I leave the store.

"Took you long enough." Abby crosses her arms and she's still wearing the completed outfit that she bought in that expensive ass store. "What is that?" She tries to look in the black bag and I move it away so she can't see.

"Oh yeah that's right, probably condoms."

"Go fuck yourself Abby." I snap and she holds her hands up in surrender.

(This chapter is so Longggg! I hope you liked it. I had to type this on my phone and my thumbs are literally going numb! I'm sorry if there's any spelling mistakes or anything, I'm really tired so please forgive me!

Tomorrow's chapter might be just as long as this if you guys COMMENT AND VOTE. Please<3 )