Chapter 86

IM SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT! IVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS CHAPTER FOR SO MANY DAYS HENCE WHY IT IS SO LONG. I HOPE YOU ALL THINK ITS WORTH THE TIME BEING :)

Beth's POV

I stay silent, my mouth opening a couple times wanting to speak but nothing comes out. She's the last person I thought would call me. But why is she?

Her voice brings back memories from when she would call me everyday. Telling me all about her dramas and the amount of trouble she got into in history class. I was the one she used to call all of the time and it's been over a year since I've gotten one from her.

"I know it's strange for me to be calling.." She starts and I nod even though I know she cannot see me. "Can we meet up?" She shockingly asks me.

Why would she want to meet up? There's no reason for us to be speaking to each other at all.

"W-why?" I ask nervously.

"Meet me at the coffee shop at six?" She questions and I again don't answer. "I'll see you then." The phone goes dead as she hangs up.

Nerves start to build up inside of me. All of these emotions are mixed inside and I'm not sure which one is more dominant.

Hurt. That's the more dominant one.

I can't think of any other reason for Amanda to want to meet up with me other than to mention the photos she could of seen. I'm still not even sure if I want to go through with seeing her later today. What if it's a set up? What if she's with Adam? Not that he did anything terrible to me but the last thing I need if another conversation about what has happened. I'm done with people putting in their own ideas of what I should do. Yes, I understand they're trying to help me but throwing what they think is the "right" thing to do in my face, isn't going to make me jump up and do what they say.

"Bethany!!" A voice calls from downstairs. I jump off my bed and walk towards my door with my phone gripped too tightly in my hand.

Gloria waits at the bottom of the stairs. "I'm sorry." She apologizes. "Can you do me a huge favor? I know I shouldn't be asking you to do anything for me but-"

"Gloria, it's okay." I hold up a hand to stop her. She doesn't need to apologize for asking for help.

She sends me a grateful smile as I walk down the stairs. I look over into the family room and see Gracie playing on the floor with some of her Barbie dolls.

"I need to get some supplies for the house but Gracie doesn't seen to want to come with me." She explains.

"Oh, go right ahead. We'll be fine."

"Thank you!" She gleams "do you want me to pick you up some medicine?"

"Medicine?" I question.

"You seem a bit pale and-" she Starts to point out my appearance and that's not really what I want to hear right now.

"I'm okay," I lie. I'm not okay, I'm not sick..

I don't know what I am.

Heartbroken?

"I just need to get out more in that sun." I joke and I'm glad that she laughs along.

After Gloria leaves the house I look over into the family room and see Gracie still seated on the floor. I walk over to her slowly and sit on the couch.

"Hello," she looks up at me with a bright smile. I wave to her sending her a small smile back. "You don't have to watch me I'm a big girl"

"Is that so?" I move my body from the couch and sit next to her on the floor.