Chapter 26

"C'mon, you should really try those red velvet pancakes!" Adam has been trying to convince me to go back to IHOP to try those famous red velvet pancakes.

I came to the library to pick up a couple of books to read on my own free time when I have nothing else to do.

"Fine! I'll go!" I say a little to loudly and the librarian gives me a stern look telling me to hush up. I mouth to her an apology and she nods.

"Great. I'll pick you up at seven." He taps on the seat I'm sitting on and goes to walk away. Tonight?

"Adam?" He looks back quickly and I gesture him to come closer so I don't have to raise my voice. "I can't come tonight. I promised Abby i'd go to this party and-" he holds up his hand and signals for me to stop talking.

"Bethany it's fine,-" he laughs. "Tomorrow alright?" I nod and he smiles again before walking away.

A couple minutes later the bell rings and I'm off to lunch.

The line is long so I decide to sit down before getting up to get my food.

"Bethany!" Abby calls from across the cafeteria and she's running fast, Liam following behind her.

"What? Is everything okay?" I stand from my seat and she laughs and so does Liam.

"Everything's fine.-" Abby puts her hand of my shoulder is it back down.

"Take a breath Bethany." Liam says and I stick a tongue out at him jokingly.

"Liam and I are gunna skip to hang out and maybe get some food." She says and goes into her purse and grabs her wallet and opens it up. "I could pay for you." She offers and I shake my head slightly.

"I don't know, I'm not-" I'm interrupted by a brown bag being thrown onto the table.

"She's not going anywhere." Harry takes a seat down next to me at the table. He's wearing all black. Black shirt, black skinny jeans, black boots..he's even more dark then he already is. The black on his skin make his tattoos match.

"Are you her father?" Abby crosses her arms over her chest and scolds Harry.

"No. But I'm pretty sure 'daddy' wouldn't want to know his little princess is skipping school, now would he?" He fires back. I can't help but remember when Harry used to make jokes about me being a princess and a daddy's girl.

"You wouldn't!" Abby gasps.

"Oh sweetheart,-" he pulls the chair out in front on her to rests his feet on. "Don't underestimate me." He smiles and she groans and stomps her foot on the ground.

"I have so much shit on you and you can't do one thing for me,!" She yells and a couple people look back from their tables and make eye contact with us. Harry glare them all and they immediately go back to their conversations.

"Do whatever the fuck you want see if I give a shit." He throws his hand up and gestures her to go.

Abby rolls her eyes and turns her attention back to me.

"So are you coming," she asks and I look down and shake my head.

"I said she's not fucking going!" Harry yells and Liam takes Abby's arm and they walk out of the cafeteria.

Harry's eyes are dark. His body looks stiff and I don't understand why he's acting like this. Like he owns me, like he could just tell me what to do all of the time. He opens the brown bag that he placed on the table and slides out a piece of extra cheese pizza.

"Here." He slides the plate towards me and I look up at him. "That's your favorite right?" He frowns and his eyes seem to lighten a little.

"Uh, yeah. Thank you" I smile at him and he returns it back and his eyes seem to go back to his usual green. "where's yours?" I frown.