•She Will Be Loved~Steve and Tony•

Start from the beginning

I drove for miles and miles
And wound up at your door
I've had you so many times
But somehow I want more

You stood up slowly when you heard the door bell, putting on your slippers and wrapping a blanket around your pyjama-clad body before you headed towards the front door. You held the blanket together with one hand, slowly opening the door with the other.
You nearly shut the door again when you saw Steve standing there, instead of Natasha. "Hey." He smiled at you, but almost immediately dropped it when he saw the state you were in; swollen eyes, tear-stained cheeks, knotted hair, red nose... You must've been quite a sight.
You swallowed hard. "Hey, Steve. What... What are you doing here?"
For a moment, he looked confused. "You texted me."
You tensed. Could you have accidentally texted Steve, instead of Natasha?
You took a step back, and opened the door wider. "Come on in."
A small smile lifted the corners of his lips again, and he stepped inside. "Thank you."

I don't mind spending every day
Out on your corner in the pouring rain
Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
And she will be loved

You walked quietly into the living room, Steve following behind you. Once you reached there, you sat down on the couch, curling your knees up to your chest and holding the soft blanket more tightly around you. Steve looked unsure of where to set himself down, before you patted the spot next to you. He sat down without a word.
At first, all you did was sit in silence. But then Steve shifted the way he was sitting, looked you in the eye, and asked, "What happened?" Just those two words, spoken so quietly, got you to open up.
You had ended up in Steve's lap, hugging him tightly and crying into his chest. After a slight hesitation, he had awkwardly returned the embrace, and began rubbing comforting circles into your back. "It hurts to think about it, b-because," you sniffed, "then it gets me thinking, that- that maybe I'm n-not pretty enough. M-maybe I'm just a-an ugly, selfish little girl, a-and-"
"(y/n)."
Your name from his lips stopped you from saying anything else. "(y/n), Tony's-" He stopped himself, before sighing. You looked up at him, and (e/c) clashed with caring - and slightly angered - blue. "You're not pretty- you're beautiful, so much more beautiful than you know, and Tony would have to be blind not to see it. He's unbelievably stupid to even glance at another woman, when he has you."

Tap on my window, knock on my door
I want to make you feel beautiful
I know I tend to get so insecure
It doesn't matter anymore

Your mouth dropped open in surprise, and heat rushed to your cheeks.

Does that mean he thinks I'm... Beautiful...?

Steve seemed to realise what he'd said the same time you did, and was currently flushing scarlet, making sure to look everywhere but your eyes. He gingerly lifted you off of his lap and placed you back on the couch, and lifted a hand to rub the back of his neck. "I... I meant what I said. Every word." Finally, he met your gaze with his own, before standing. "I'm going to go talk to Stark, and politely tell him to stop being a-"
"Please don't!" You blurted and stood, causing him to stop his speech and watch you in silence. You swallowed hard. "Please... Please don't say anything to Tony. It- It was just me being a big baby." You put on a false smile. "Really, it's perfectly fine. I just needed someone to rant to for a little bit."
Steve raised his arm, looking like he was going to place his hand on your cheek, before he stopped himself and instead placed it on your shoulder. He examined your features closely. "Are you sure?"
You smiled gently and gave him a quick nod. Sighing, he turned to leave.