Confessions The Journals Chapter 26 When a Stranger Calls

Confessions

The Journals

Chapter 26

When a Stranger Calls

I felt like I was going to pass out. My heart was beating out of my chest. I knew without a doubt who was on the other end of the line. I couldn’t answer the phone. I couldn’t let them know I knew what was about to happen. I had to get Cole and the others to safety. Although, it had just been a dream I had no doubt that it would happen if I didn’t do something. I made my way into the bathroom trying to calm myself enough to try and save the others. I needed to save myself as well but they came first, they were after all still alive.

After about five minutes I was calm enough to try and do something. I didn’t want Claus and his friend to think anything was up. I pretended to continue my morning just like yester day. I turned the shower on and I hopped in only long enough to wet my hair. Getting out I wrapped a towel around myself and stepped back into the bedroom. Ever so slowly I was coming up with a plan. I needed to close the blinds but I couldn’t do that without alerting them, so I walked by the window just like I would have yesterday. I took a deep breath and spoke hopefully loud enough for Cole to hear me and not wake the others.

“Cole, could you bring me some shampoo from the other bathroom?”

“Yeah, sure,” was his reply.

It seemed to me that everything was taking to much time. After what felt like an eternity Cole finally came through the door holding the shampoo. I turned and headed back for the bathroom motioning for him to follow me. I really hoped that he would get the wrong idea about what I wanted, but not get the wrong idea at the same time. I know it was a confusing plan but it was all I had. I didn’t know if the people waiting to hurt us could hear or not but I was really hoping that they would get the wrong idea.

Cole’s face was a mask of confusion. I used my index finger to motion for him to follow me into the bathroom. I knew he was completely confused because he was once again tugging at his eye ring. I could only hope that this worked. As, Cole reached the entrance to the bathroom, I could still see outside from the blinds giving away our position. I did what I did not to entice Cole but to make sure that Claus and his friend wouldn’t think I was up to something other than my hormones, I dropped my towel. Cole’s mouth dropped open, which would have been funny except the whole situation kept it from being anything other than scary to me.

“Wha, wha, what are you doing?” Cole stammered dropping the shampoo as I grabbed his shirt pulling him in for a kiss.

“Just shut up and play along,” I whispered into his ear as I moved my mouth from his lips to his ear.

I pulled him further into the bathroom giving myself enough room to shut the door behind us. Once the door was shut, I felt my face flame red. Cole on the other hand looked embarrassed but there was definitely something else behind the look he was giving me. His eyes followed my naked body roaming it over like he was memorizing every detail. I stumbled back from his stare trying to grab a towel. His hungry stare only followed. I felt heat covering every inch of my body. Snapping myself out of my semi trance like state I spoke.

“Cole, we’re in danger.” He didn’t seem to hear me so I shook him, “Cole, listen to me we are in danger, we have to get out of the house now.”

Bewilderment replaced his hungry gaze then his face turned scarlet, “Um, I’m sorry.” He looked away from me reaching for the towel I had dropped.

“Don’t worry about it, it was my fault, I wanted them to think we were up to something else.”

“Slow down Cat, I don’t really have a clue about what’s going on here. Who did you want to think we were up to something, what‘s going on?”