Thirty Five

Dedicated to @soundthealarm for the amazing covers she's made for this story.

Warning: The chapter is unedited.

____________________________________

C H A P T E R  T H I R T Y  F I V E

Julian and I were fairly quiet as we raced down the city roads, which was quite a contrast to what I'd thought would happen after all the events that had gone down only a few minutes ago. 

I wasn't complaining though.

I needed the quiet. To sort out my over-thinking mind.

I wondered if Julian was thinking about what I was thinking about right now. I just couldn't stop replaying it all in my head.

Damn, that was so close!

What if I'd actually kissed him?

If I had, I would be hyperventilating right now, and probably worrying about how I'll be keeping it all from my pesky twin brother who, for some unexplainable reason, hated this beautiful boy with the wild sea-green eyes and wind-blown dark hair—who could scheme up stupid plans to break people up within a matter of minutes and cause fights between couples and then not eavesdrop on their conversation just because he thought it wasn't right.

Seriously, he was so weird sometimes. Yet he was so cool. I mean, I'd never get this guy.

Then again, I was thinking too much over this.

Julian, on the other hand, didn't seem the least bit bothered about anything other than his stupid homework.

Everything was a game for him after all. He just liked messing with me. It must fuel his ego a great deal to see me getting all weak and nervous when he flirted with me or asked me to freaking kiss him! To be honest, I felt really angry with myself (and him too, but he was an idiot so I won't waste my time getting mad at him).

Why did I give in to him all the time? Why, oh why did I always listen to him!? And then I humiliated myself like a pro.

I really really needed to see a psychiatrist before I turned into a doormat. Letting people walk all over me.

But hey, I didn't let anyone else make me bend to their will, did I?

Maybe Jace...

Heck no! I always put up a fight with Jace.

Then why do I—

I decided to shut my thought process after that because the conclusions I was leading up to sounded very preposterous and quite frankly dangerous for the somewhat perfect balance I had in my life right now.

Still in deep thought, I glanced towards my left and saw Julian frowning to himself. He kept mumbling under his breath about how much of an idiot he was and how he'd have to stay up all night to complete all his pending work and how he'd look like a zombie the next day and how he'd miss all the important points in lectures and how he'd lag in football and—well, you get the point.

"Take a chill pill, Julian. It's just homework for Pete's sake! And tomorrow's a Sunday!" I told him, making him stop muttering momentarily.

"I can't take a chill pill. It's a lot of homework and I have so much catching-up to do. I haven't revised anything properly since the last two weeks and it's driving me mad. I had a different study schedule for tomorrow because the physics assignment had completely slipped my mind. This breaking-up thing is taking a bit too much of our time, don't you think?"