Four

04.

"For the love of God! Enough of this crap! Put on some real music now, will you?" Jace whined, sitting beside me in the passenger seat.

"Nah ah!" I exclaimed in reply, flicking my head in a dramatic move. 

No one messes with my music when I'm the one driving!

"Come on, Jazzy! Get some sense into your head! You gotta listen to some real artists!"

"I don't need your advice, doofus!"

"Whatever," Jace muttered, letting out a long sigh.

It was almost eight in the morning and we were on our way to school. It felt like decades since I'd gotten the chance to actually drive this pick-up truck, jointly owned by Jace and I, but it mostly felt like it was his truck and I was the one 'borrowing' it whenever I took it out.

I always wanted a car, but Jace, for some reason, was hell bent on getting a truck. He was practically in a relationship with it. He'd even marry it if he could. His strange obsession was quite annoying to be honest.

"What the hell! Your driving skills are so terrible! You're going to crash us!" Jace suddenly exclaimed as I dodged an obstacle on the road by swerving to the side.

I decided to ignore his snooty comments while he continued to grumble under his breath.

A few seconds later, I felt some movement beside me and transitioned into my alert mode. 

I jerked my free hand to catch hold of Jace who was leaning forward to switch my Taylor Swift CD with something else, probably with Linkin Park or some other legendary band like that. I liked those artists too, but it wasn't wrong to listen to catchy pop songs once in a while. 

"Stop getting your panties in a notch! You're going to have to suck it up, at least for one month from now! Better get used to it!" I retorted, straining to keep my focus on the road.

"Stop being a dictator! If I recall, you're the one who got me in so much trouble in the first place!"

"You deserved it!"

"I did not!"

"You so did! Now shut the hell up and let me drive!"

"Yeah, sure! And let myself get killed," Jace mumbled the last part, but I obviously heard.

He slumped back in his seat and then purposely hit his head on the window glass before letting out a defeated sigh.

Such a drama queen.

I guess we both were drama queens.

Speaking of drama queens, yesterday had been a disaster (for Jace, that is).

Jace had been banned from using the car for a month and it was my duty to drive him whenever he wanted to go somewhere.

Yes, I know I'll have to be his chauffer for the next thirty days but that wasn't a very bad thing. At least, not as bad as what Jace had got. I was actually kind of happy with the arrangement! I never got the chance to drive very often before.

From my peripheral view, I caught Jace frowning profusely. I couldn't help but smirk, because I knew exactly what more was needed for me to get on his nerves.

Ha ha! I know I'm evil! 

So I proceeded to do the first thing that popped in my mind. I sang loudly, bobbing my head to the beat.

"Got a long list of ex lovers, they'll tell you I'm insane! 'Cos you know I love the players, and YOU LOVE THE GAME!"

That made Jace even angrier and I laughed like a maniac at his reaction. My laughter annoyed him further, if that was even possible, and by the time the song finished he was breathing hard and cursing under his breath. His reactions were hilarious!