Twenty Eight

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y  E I G H T

"What the heck, Jazz!? Where were you!? We've been waiting here since what... four hours?" Ava started yelling at me the moment I reached the car park after changing into my casual clothes. Apparently, I'd arrived five minutes later than everyone else.

She exaggerated everything. Seriously!

"Oh come on Ava! It's cool. I'm here now," I said, trying to calm her down. She was always pretty hyper-active about well... everything, which is why it was no wonder that she was so angry.

"What do you mean 'it's cool', huh? You're late! Now it's going to take us another five minutes to walk to the car and open the door and get in and then Abby will start the ignition and it will take us another fifteen minutes to reach the eatery and—"

"Alright, alright! Shut up now Ava! We get it. You want to reach there first so you can sit next to Jace before some bimbo decides to steal your rightful place," Eve interrupted Ava's rant, making us all burst into peals of laughter. Ava's face had turned so red, she resembled a tomato.

"You guys suck!" Ava muttered, throwing her hands up in the air exasperatedly. She walked off towards the car with a shake of her head like a petulant child.

She was so melodramatic, really. Though I kind of liked that about her. I too was guilty of being very histrionic anyway.

"Her reactions are hilarious!" I remarked, still snickering. Abby and Eve barely managed to nod through their laughter.

Now that I'd gotten a bit of time to get familiar with the idea of her liking Jace, I did see the fun in teasing her about it.

"Come on, guys! Let's not annoy her more," I suggested once I'd gotten over my laughing fit, gesturing to the three of us— Abby, Eve and I.

Everybody else had already left for the restaurant a few minutes before I came back from the restroom. I hadn't said anything about the things I'd heard to any of my friends. I did remember telling them about our break-up mission, but we never really talked about it after that. Either they forgot or they thought I wasn't serious about it. I never brought that topic up so I wasn't surprised.

Needless to say, I was very confused about whether I should tell someone about it or not. The best person to talk about this with would be Julian but... he was my partner in crime. I felt like telling someone who wasn't directly involved. Despite the fact that I had good reason to do what I was planning to do, I still felt that it was wrong.

And what do they say?

Your conscience is always right.

I think I should reconsider—

"Stop over thinking about whatever you're thinking, Jazzy! We're going!" Abby called out. It seemed as if she was talking from some place far from where I was standing.

I looked around and found that they all were already sitting in the car.

Oh god!

Did I really zone out like that?

Did I have ADHD or what?

"I'm coming!" I ran towards the car, mentally smacking my forehead at my stupidity.

As predicted, we reached our destination after a twenty minute drive. It was an Italian restaurant, not really the kind of place you'd expect to see teens at. It was more suited for couples on dates but the food here was amazing!

"They're finally here!" Somebody said when we walked in. I saw Jace and my other friends waving, so it wasn't hard to spot our table.

Once we sat down at our seats and the chit-chatting began, I took a good look around me. Among the boys, there was Jace, Dylan, Zach, Blake, Cesar, Ray, Damien, Alex, Tyler, Sam, and Evan. As for the girls, I could see Eve, Abby, Ava, Jocelyn, Alondra, Zoe, Valerie (she didn't really hang out with us but she was Jace's girlfriend now so I wasn't surprised) and... eww... Daniela... and Stella.