Fourteen

14.

"Don't even think about it!" I threatened Jace, who was swinging around my precious Union Jack earrings in the air.

"Oh My Gawd! I'm so scared! Save me, Jesus!" My brother shot back in a falsetto voice, feigning fear.

I tried hard not to laugh and pursed my lips, focusing only on my earrings; the cute little blue and red British flags currently hovering in midair.

One thing I absolutely hated was laughing when I'm supposed to be mad at someone. And Jace did exactly that. Every time I got angry, he would go out of his way to make me crack up.

"Shut the hell up and give those back to me!" I screamed, my hands clenched into fists.

"You think I'm going to let such a priceless opportunity to torture you go by just like that? I'm totally gonna throw these out the window!" Jace mocked, his voice laced with mischief.

"You asked for it!" I announced before launching myself onto Jace, who was standing by the edge of the bed. His eyes widened in shock and he took a step back, only to land himself on the bed with a loud thud. I fell on top of him with my back touching his chest and hit him in the stomach with my elbow.

Jace groaned loudly while I laughed like a madwoman. The next moment, I felt myself being pinned to the mattress. I gasped and flailed my hands but it was no use. My reflexes always kicked in a bit late. I whimpered helplessly when I felt my cheeks being squashed together so hard, I was afraid my eyes would pop out.

I struggled to get myself freed from Jace's grasp but all my attempts were in vain. 

"Let me throw these stupid earrings away and I'll let go of you before you turn into a red faced chipmunk!" He said, squeezing my cheeks harder, if that was even possible.

"Ow! Never! Why do you even hate them so much!? Do you hate the UK or what?" I replied, rather breathless.

"I don't. It's a pretty cool country. I just want to destroy them because you like them," Jace simply shrugged, as if that should have been obvious.

Wow. What a noble heart...

"You are the worst brother ever! I hope you know that!" I managed to mumble in a muffled voice. I was still struggling to breathe under Jace's hold.

"I never said I wasn't," he stated coolly, the evil grin never leaving his face. His indifference only made me angrier and by this point, I could feel my blood boil.

What the hell was wrong with this guy?! 

"Take that, douchebag!" I screeched, reaching out my hands with all my might to pull at his hair.

"AAAH! You dim-wit! Get your hands off my hair!" Jace cried out, releasing my face. He swung his arms in the air, trying to catch hold of me, while I smirked and pulled even harder.

"MOM!!" Jace yelled, when he realized he was defenseless and I wasn't going to let go of his head anytime soon.

"You little coward! So now you're calling Mom, huh?" I taunted, grinning evilly, my hands still tugging at the roots of his honey colored hair.

Jace finally looked up, wincing profusely. For a moment, I almost felt bad, but then I felt the tingling sensation on my cheeks where he'd grabbed them before. That was enough for my brain to pump more anger hormones into my system. I shook his head violently, my eyes constantly sending him a death glare.

"I'm not a coward!" Jace growled, turning us over. Something surged through him as he caught hold of my head, spinning it so hard, I started feeling a little dizzy.