Thirteen

13.

I gaped at Julian.

Yeah, that's all I could do. I was so taken aback.

As much as I would've liked to go all Jackie Chan on his ass, I just sat there on the bed. My eyes wide, jaw on the floor and face contorted in utter bafflement. My mind was completely blown.

What the hell was he doing here!?

"You?" I barely managed to sputter after I'd snapped out of my torpor.

Julian didn't respond. He only kept staring at the wall in front of him. He looked like he had just run a marathon. His face glistened with sweat and pure exhaustion was written across his features.

"Yeah..." he whispered back after a minute of silence, finally turning around to look at me.

Oh wow. That totally answers all my questions.

"You know what? You should probably get out of this room and leave me alone before I call the freaking police!" I snapped, pulling the duvet over my head.

"I'm not going anywhere," Julian announced, sitting down on the floor at the foot of the bed just to reiterate his point.

"OH! So now you won't be 'embarrassed', Your fucking Majesty!? Your friends would be absolutely appalled if they ever got to know that you actually freaking sat on the floor of Jasmine's house! That would be such a shame. I mean, the girl is totally mad and ugly and snobby and everything bad! You would be struck by fucking lightning if you're ever seen with her anywhere! Why, you're freaking Brad Pitt! Everyone is going to leave their work and only focus on who's your next Angelina Jolie! Fucking douchebag wasting my fucking time and having the nerves to fucking boss me around!" I yelled, mustering all my strength, and I was actually pretty proud of myself for that rant.

I was so angry, I was almost scared my head would explode or something. And the face Julian was making was just priceless!

"Jesus Christ! You're polluting my ears, lady!"

"Good! Now get out!"

"Okay, fine! I'm sorry, alright? I wasn't actually embarrassed, you know. You suggested it and I just kinda went along with it," he sighed, appearing genuinely guilty.

Whatever. He was probably pretending.

Instead of replying, I jerked my hand back and shut off the lights. There wasn't complete darkness since it was still evening, but the natural light could only do so much. Jace's room now looked dull and I could barely make out Julian's face. All I could see was the silhouette of a guy sitting dejectedly on the floor.

"You're being such a drama queen," he muttered under his breath, getting up from his spot.

I wanted to say something back but pretended to ignore his remark when I heard the faint sound of his footsteps approaching the bed. I dug myself deeper into the covers to avoid him. If he wanted to sit here all day and ruin his chances of getting out alive, he was free. I wasn't going to warn him again. It wasn't going to be long until Jace came back.

By now, I could feel Julian's presence beside me. He was too near for my liking but I still managed to disregard his presence.

Come on Jace! Come on!

I chanted in my head.

"Julian, I'm seriously not in the mood to listen to you! I'm repeating this for the millionth time, but please. leave. me. alone!" I sneered, trying hard to keep my calm when he didn't show any signs of moving.