Nineteen

C H A P T E R  N I N E T E E N

We'd left the movie theatre at least a half-hour ago, but we were still roaming around aimlessly on the crowded streets of New York City.

After recovering from our laughing frenzy at the theatre, we'd exited the building as fast as we could, since the movie was going to end soon and we couldn't risk being seen by the lovey-dovey couple who were obviously not in a very good mood after all the shit we'd pulled up.

"Jasmine, enough! I can't stand being driven around by a girl anymore! Just let me get back behind the wheel," Julian complained, giving me a death glare from the passenger seat.

I rolled my eyes.

"Stop being a baby about it. I think we both know how we'd end up if I let you drive now that we are in the busier part of the city. We'd probably be crashed by the side of the road, hit by a van or something and we'd be wailing for help with our hands and legs broken," I exaggerated, flashing him a smug grin. He just sunk back in his seat, disappointed, and rolled his eyes in turn.

I didn't care though. His Camaro was- for lack of a better word- absolutely amazing! I loved the feeling I got as the engine roared. The wheels turned so smoothly, it almost felt like we were gliding on the asphalt.

Now you might be wondering how I'd even managed to snatch his driving rights, don't you?

Well, if you must know, let's just say Jasmine Brooks can be the ultimate archetype of Draco Malfoy when she wants to be, cunning and vindictive.

And so with a bit of trickery and swift moves, I'd managed to get hold of the car before Julian did, which he obviously wasn't expecting.

"Do you have any idea of where they're going for dinner?" Julian suddenly asked, changing the subject and making me frown as I tried to think of a likely place where Jace could've taken Valerie.

I was supposed to be the one to find out all information about the date's venues and such but I hadn't been able to find out this one. I couldn't just ask Jace, now could I?

Even someone as dumb as Jace would get the hint that something was off if I asked him about the place and then something disastrous happened while he dined with his so called 'girlfriend'. Especially since he knew how averse I was to the idea of him dating Valerie Cooper, the drama queen.

"I don't know, honestly. My Mom's a pro at cooking, so we hardly ever go out to eat at hotels and restaurants, apart from ordering take-out of course. He doesn't really have a favorite eating place except McDonalds and Dominos...And I don't think he'd take Valerie to our usual Chinese take-out place because Valerie doesn't like Chinese and-"

"Wait up! How do you know that Valerie doesn't like Chinese?" Julian inquired frowning, cutting my rant short.

"Oh. That's because Jace was mumbling something about how frustrated he was that she didn't like Chinese and that he had no clue where to take her for dinner and blah blah blah... the other day," I said, watching his forehead relax slightly.

"Is Jace a girl or what? He sounds like a drama queen to me," Julian commented, his lips pulling up into a teasing smirk. I couldn't help but laugh at how apt his remark was.

"Oh, he totally is! But don't act like you guys don't put any effort into planning out a date with someone you really like," I rebutted, turning a corner.

"You'll see," Julian answered vaguely, folding his hands behind his head as he leaned further into his seat, while I sat there, bedazzled.

"Wait, what?" I questioned, with my eyebrows knitted together in confusion. Why was he so damn vague all the time?