Thirty Three

Be sure to have a look at Julian's outfit at the top! Created by @Fearless_Wolf14 (thank you!)

__________________________________

C H A P T E R   T H I R T Y   T H R E E

Even after the long tiring walk all the way from home to the 'Emerson Museum of Art', I couldn't stop thinking about the stupid text I had sent from Jace's phone.

Despite Julian's repeated reassurance, I couldn't shake off the feeling that things could go south, really damn fast. Maybe there were possibilities we had forgotten to consider. Getting in-between other people's personal lives and indulging in such sneaky stuff couldn't be a walk in the park. For anyone.

To add to my torment, I was dripping with sweat and dead tired. The sun was uncommonly bright today and my sticky dark clothes were making me suffocate.

Quite frantically, I scrutinized the area for any sign of Julian. I seriously hoped that he was here already. I could not wait out here.

I saw many people milling about the entrance, but he wasn't one of them.

Ugh. This is hopeless. I grumbled in my mind, tugging at my collars to dry off the sweat.

As if on cue, only a few seconds later my eyes landed on this guy standing right in front of the gallery, leaning against the bonnet of a dark blue car—that I strongly suspected was a Camaro—looking like a supermodel. And I'm not even exaggerating.

My first instinct did not allow me to think it was Julian but the familiar Captain America armband gleaming on his left forearm suggested otherwise. After a few minutes of serious calculation and lots of encouraging pep talks, I decided to swallow my stranger-induced-social-anxiety and approach the guy.

Very cautiously, I walked over to him. He was busy with his phone and I decided to act all casual if he did not turn out to be Julian. I hated talking to unknown people (especially cool looking guys because I always managed to embarrass myself) but I had no choice. I had seen Julian wear that exact same band at the party. And I sort of recognized that jaw line.

It was worth a shot.

"Uh... "I cleared my throat when I reached him, making sure to stand at an appropriate distance.

"Well, are you—"I started, and the boy looked up at me from the screen, which made me a little tongue tied.

At first, he stared down at me for, like, thirty seconds, which seemed like hours. My cheeks were turning red and I could barely think, let alone speak any further.

"Hi Jazz girl. Looks like you took my advice when I told you to go with a dark outfit," he smirked, taking off his Ray Bans.

I felt as if the weight of the sky had been lifted off my shoulders at the sound of his voice and those sea-green eyes.

"You look so cute in this!" He laughed, when I didn't say anything in response. I just stood there like an idiot, gawking at him.

"And you look... well..." I raised a lone eyebrow (both my eyebrows were back now by the way), not even caring that he'd just sort of paid me a compliment (unless he was being sarcastic).

"Hot as hell? Unfathomably sexy?" He finished for me.

I glared at him.

"No. You look like you just got spotted by a model agency and are here for a photo shoot," I mumbled, scowling to myself.

"What? This is not cool?" He stepped back, faking offense, which gave me a better view of his attire.

In a navy blue denim shirt, dark ripped skinny jeans, black and white sneakers and Ray-Bans, Julian looked almost exactly like the kind of guy you'd see on a Pepe Jeans advert. With the shirt's sleeves rolled up and a little of his collarbones showing, he was probably the most attractive guy standing within a hundred meter radius.