Eight

08.

For a good five minutes, I sat with my eyebrows furrowed as I thought hard about what to text Julian back.

Then I just thought, 'Dang it!'

So I wrote the first thing that came to mind.

'Hey Julie boy -_-'

The whale face aptly expressed my mental state at that moment. I was pissed and exhausted and annoyed and well... majorly pissed.

I threw my phone to the farthest corner of my bed and stood up from my position on the floor only to walk across my room and collapse on my beanbag chair.

I was so tired and I was pretty sure I looked like I'd just risen from my grave.

I was staring off into space like before (only this time I didn't feel the blood rushing to my head because it wasn't upside down) when I heard my door open. And then it clicked shut.

I didn't pay attention to the person who'd just entered my room and pretended like I didn't notice them, but I didn't have to look to know who'd just come in.

At one point in life, you become so used to the people in your family that you can recognize them just by the sound of their footsteps. 

My stinking ass twin had just walked in, had taken a seat on my bed and was polluting the sheets with the hundreds and thousands of germs he carried with him.

I was - as the whole freaking universe knows by now - ticked off and he was the last person I wanted to see. I was scowling at him while he stared at me, his grey eyes boring into mine like my glares weren't affecting him in the slightest. This irked me even more. However, I didn't tell him off. I couldn't - I had no energy left.

"I'm sorry, Jazzy."

Jace finally broke the uncomfortable silence. His voice was sincere and I somehow knew he wasn't lying. As much as I'd wanted him to apologize to me, I hadn't expected him to actually do it.

I kept my mouth shut. I wanted him to accept the fact that he was wrong and that he'd hurt me. Or at least explain his actions.

Silence ensued again and the uneasiness set in, with both of us sitting there like statues. Thankfully, Jace took my lack of response as a cue to continue and started talking.

"I know you're mad at me, and I get it. I screwed up. I know you don't like Valerie one bit and I know I shouldn't be getting close to her and I just... I don't know, okay? I wasn't thinking straight! Heck, I don't know what's happening to me! This is so messed up!"

Jace's voice was so broken and frustrated, I couldn't help but get up from my place to sit near him. I didn't actually comfort him, but I was willing to at least sit beside him to let him know I was there to listen.

"Alright, go on. I know you've been hiding things from me. There's no use keeping me in the dark, since it didn't get you very far before," I told him.

Jace stared at me with a conflicted look on his face and shook his head again. He had on his thinking expression and I was pretty sure he was second guessing himself, wondering if it would be a good idea to tell me everything, especially now that I was so put off.

"I know you're worried I'll get mad but you will have to tell me anyway. You can't go on like this forever. You know that, right?" I said, softening my expression a bit to alleviate his anxiety.

I was furious, yes, but I was also curious as hell about whatever was going on with him and I wouldn't let him get away without disclosing his every secret.