Fifteen

15.

"What?!" I exclaimed. With the weird face I was making right now, I must have been quite a funny sight.

"Why are you so surprised?" Julian asked. His face was morphed into an expression so discouraged, it made me feel like the dumbest creature on earth.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I replied, my voice a couple notches higher than usual.

"Aw, come on Jasmine! Stop being such a wuss! This is a genius idea!" He spoke animatedly. His eyes twinkled with excitement and he looked so pleased with himself, like he'd just found out the cure for cancer.

"You're being a wuss! Not me!" I accused, pointing at him.

He was being ridiculous! No matter how much I hated the idea of Jace and Valerie going out together, I could never be that sadistic as to embark on a stupid mission to break those two up. Technically, they hadn't even started going out. Moreover, it wasn't right to interfere with other people's lives!

"Yeah. Keep telling yourself that," Julian retorted, looking aggravated.

"Come on! Don't tell me you're actually considering that idea," I said, my tone still laced with disbelief.

I wanted Julian to tell me he was joking, but we all know that's never going to happen. When did he ever do what I wanted him to do? With the way he was talking, I just knew he wasn't fooling around. 

That idiot was freaking serious about this!

"I am, actually," he smirked, his eyes gleaming in the dull evening sun.

I think I've already said this before but I really liked his eyes. They shined so bright all the time, like they had some sort of light supply of their own. 

Or had he been a cat in his last life?

"You have nice eyes," I blurted, chewing on the inside of my cheek to stop myself from burying my head in my knees once I realized how embarrassing the consequences of what I'd just said could be.

Ughh, somebody please cut my tongue off!

"You like my eyes? I totally get you! They're so irresistible, right?" Julian teased, sitting up straighter.

He brought his face closer to mine so I could stare straight into his eyes which didn't seem so appealing anymore. With his lips pursed and his eyes popping out, he looked more like a fish than anything else.

Oh God...

I should've thought about it before complimenting him. Like he didn't already have an ego as big as a blue whale!

"Stop stressing over it! That was the first and the last time I'm ever complimenting you. You won't get more of those so you better sit back down like a human being," I deadpanned, trying my best to put on a poker face.

"Alright, alright! You're too shy, right? It's okay to admit that my eyes are awesome! It really is," he cooed, patting my shoulder.

"Shut up," I muttered, swatting his hand away.

"You're a real buzz kill! Why are you being so apprehensive about everything, huh?"

"Apprehensive? Wow. That's a big word, Julie boy. Didn't know you had it in you," I mocked, sporting a lopsided grin to irritate him.

"I have a colorful vocabulary, dear. Along with some more complicated words, I've got words that fit you perfectly but are so perfect for the common humans to hear, they're usually censored when used on TV shows," Julian ranted, sarcasm dripping from his tone.