Chapter 40

It was the day my boyfriend was leaving me for months to go on tour. I would be alone in my bed in the mornings going forward. I would have to live without him and just be with Britt all the time. Not that I minded. She is my best friend. I was not looking forward to that day, but the love of my life was leaving to do the job that he loved, and I wouldn't stop him ever.

I got up early to cook him breakfast. I was busy making pancakes and lost in my thoughts when a pair of arms slid around my waist from behind.

"Shit babe, you scared me!" I jumped.

"Sorry, love. I said good morning when I walked in. I guess I should have made sure you heard. It smells good."

"It's just pancakes, nothing great."

"They still smell good and thank you, baby."

I made our plates and sat down to eat. We were quiet, and I was barely eating.

"What's wrong?"

"Huh? Oh nothing," I said.

He looked at me with concern. "Come here, Tab." He pulled my hand and sat me on his lap. His arms wrapped around my waist, and he kissed my shoulder. "Now, what's wrong? Don't say nothing. I know something is bothering you."

I took a deep breath. "I'm just scared about you leaving for tour. I have this feeling something bad is going to happen again."

"What do you think is going to happen?"

"I don't know really. The last time I had these feelings we broke up."

"Baby, look at me. Nothing is going to happen. We've been on tour before. Are you scared something is going to happen between us?"

I nodded.

"Don't worry about that. I lost you once, and I'm not stupid enough to do it again. I love you and you're stuck with me." He kissed me before pushing me back to my chair and walking into the living room. I was completely confused. He came back with something in his hand, sat down, and took a deep breath before looking at me. "I was going to give this to Britt today, so she could give it to you on your birthday, but this moment is so much better."

I knitted my eyebrows together. "Harry, I don't need anything. I have you, great friends, and a great job. Plus, I'm living in London like I've always wanted. You've given me so much, I don't need anything else."

He smiled. "I'm glad you think that, but you're getting this. Shut up and listen for a minute," He teased.

I smiled at him. "Fine."

"I love you, and I'm not stupid enough to repeat my mistakes and lose you again. So, I got you this." He handed me a Tiffany blue box. My jaw dropped before I took it from him. I opened the gift and sucked air through my lips at the sight of it. It was a simple silver ring and etched on the outside it said 'I Love You'.  I was so shocked I couldn't speak.