Chapter 47

The next couple of weeks went by so slow. Britt and I were in our same routine. Work out, work, and concerts/plays. We had recently seen Imagine Dragons, Muse, Drake, Nick Jonas, Twenty One Pilots, Justin Timberlake, and Coldplay. We also went to see Cats and Les Misérables at the theater. All the while, we were slowly packing since we'd move in with Harry and Niall when they got back for their break.

I was still getting this feeling that something bad was going to happen, but nothing had yet. It was starting to scare me, I felt like I was going crazy. Well, that was until Britt came running into my room while I was getting ready for work.

"Tab! Tab oh my God!"

"What? What's wrong?"

"Have you talked to Harry?"

"Not since the other day. Why what's going on?" I could feel my stomach drop thinking their plane crashed or something since they were in Asia now.

"Zayn left!"

My jaw dropped. "What do you mean Zayn left? They had a show in Hong Kong last night. How do you know this?"

"It's all over the news. Their saying that he needs a break because he feels stressed."

"I mean they're headed to Manilla and unless they got that drug thing worked out, he can't be there anyway, right?"

"I'm not sure, but they don't know how long he'll be gone for!" She started breathing hard.

"Calm down, Britt. Have you called Niall?"

"Yes! I've called and texted, but he's not answering."

"Just chill out until you hear from him. I'll try Harry. It could just be rumors."

I was busy at work with a new project. When I left Harry, I started this big party and it had taken up so much of my time and kept me on my toes. The client kept wanting to change things on me, and I was about to go crazy. I was busy looking over the recent changes when my cell phone rang.

"What is going on, Harry? Britt was freaking out on me this morning."

"Hello, beautiful. How are you? I'm okay, thanks," he said sarcastically.

"Sorry. Hey baby, how are you? I miss you."

"That's better. I miss you too. I'm doing okay."

"So, what's going on? Did he really leave?"

"Truthfully, I'm not sure what's going on. After the show, we were getting ready to leave, and he just said he was going home for a bit to Perrie and to relax. He said he was feeling stressed and overwhelmed."

"He just leaves you guys in the middle of your Asian tour?"

"I guess."

"How are you all dealing with it? Are you alright?"

"I'm not the greatest, but I'm fine. We're all fine. We're just going to split his vocals until he comes back. I'm just worried about how the fans are taking it. We're all scared to go online and look."

"Honestly babe, it's not good. Rumors are flying."

"That's what we thought. I'll try to keep you updated if anything changes, but right now, we continue while he rests. I love you."

"I love you too, Harry. Stay strong."

A few days later, I was woken up by Britt crying. She's stood at my door just crying so hard she couldn't even speak.

"What? Are you hurt?"

"No. Zayn...h-he quit. He quit the band." She was bawling.

My eyes instantly filled with tears. I turned the news on and sure enough they are talking about how Zayn had decided to leave One Direction for good. It was a good thing that work had told me to take the day off to relax.